IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Comments

• I don't know if anyone else has been in this position but I recently found out via a high level security check that there is a CCJ on my daughter's name which she was not aware of. After a lot of investigation we have found out that the alleged offence occurred when she was working abroad. No information has ever been received from the claimant (a car park enforcement company) or the court and despite emailing and ringing the claimant, leaving a message, she still has not received any response.
    Apparently to get a County Court Judgement set aside it will cost £225! I find this appalling particularly as she wasn't even in the country, has received no information regarding the initial fine or subsequent court action.
    Has anyone else had experience of this or been able to remove the CCJ without cost?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    dozyrosie wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has been in this position but I recently found out via a high level security check that there is a CCJ on my daughter's name which she was not aware of. After a lot of investigation we have found out that the alleged offence occurred when she was working abroad. No information has ever been received from the claimant (a car park enforcement company) or the court and despite emailing and ringing the claimant, leaving a message, she still has not received any response.
    Apparently to get a County Court Judgement set aside it will cost £225! I find this appalling particularly as she wasn't even in the country, has received no information regarding the initial fine or subsequent court action.
    Has anyone else had experience of this or been able to remove the CCJ without cost?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.

YOU must start your own thread for help, not this one

Take it up with Theresa May PM, she vowed to look into
    the abuse of CCJ system ....... what has she done ... NOTHING
  • My mother, who is 84 and can't walk very far or very quickly, had an appointment at the clinic at 177 Preston Road Brighton. This is next door to a doctor's surgery at 175 who use Parking Eye to 'manage' their car park. She wasn't sure where the clinic was and parked in this car park while she enquired at the surgery. She was told she should be next door and walked around to 177 to check and then back to the car. According to Parking Eye this took 35 minutes. She doesn't walk very fast and had to wait in a queue to speak to a receptionist in both buildings so it could have been that long although she says it was more like 15 minutes. She then left the car park to go next door. Then the parking charge notice arrived demanding £100.

I said I'd deal with it, I have experience in these matters!

I immediately appealed the charge on Parking Eye's web site asking them to either cancel the charge or give me a code for appeal. I didn't give them an email address so they would have to use the postal address to buy some time, I'm not sure if this is a good tactic. However, I also called the surgery to see if I could get the charge cancelled by them. Unfortunately I spoke to someone who didn't seem to understand that they were employing Parking Eye and could instruct them to cancel the charge. They kept telling me that "It's nothing to do with us, they're a private company.", but I did get the name of the surgery manager from them. The manager had a far better attitude and said they would speak to Parking Eye, "but could make no promises".

In the meantime Parking Eye sent out a form to be filled in by the registered keeper to confirm I was acting on their behalf. This hasn't been returned because -
    I got a call a couple of days later from the surgery manager (yesterday, as at time of writing) to say the charge had been cancelled with the usual caveat of "this time only, for this one charge". I checked Parking Eye's web site and the charge has indeed been cancelled, I don't know whether they will write to let me know.

In my experience the best way to deal with these bottom-feeders is to speak to the person who handles the parking contract directly, or failing that, as high up the organisation as you can find a name for, preferably the CEO or MD.

Some things of note:

The signage at the car park is pretty good, difficult to miss or misunderstand.

The photographs on the parking charge notice showing the vehicle entering and leaving are really poor. There is no context, they could have been taken anywhere.

The printing on the back is really bad making the "Protection of freedoms act" and "Further information" text practically unreadable.

So, take heart people. Never, ever pay up, always make it as difficult as possible for these maggots and one day maybe they'll go the same way as clamping.
  • HELP I really don't have a clue I don't know my threads from my posts. Basically I posted originally about two months ago about ES Parking Solutions trying to 'do' me for doing something I'd been doing for years. Parking up outside Accrington Market Hall, with my hazards on, as advised years previously by a parking attendant. I didn't have a parking permit as these were in short supply. I call in weekly or thereabouts to collect empty drinks cans from two cafes and then sort, crush and weigh in for charity. I don't claim any expenses not even petrol money.

Below is my time line.

11/7/17 Parking charge notice received received 13/7/17.
    13/7/17 letter to ES appealing above notice - no facilities on website to make contact in any way unless paying - NOT.
    27/7/17 appeal rejection dated 25/7/17 received from ES. Unable to lodge appeal with the IAS until 4th September as I was away from home in my motorhome (that's why I bought it) and didn't return to work till 29th August. I use the PC at work (part time) but I was busy helping out other departments due to staff shortages so was a lot busier than normal.
    7th September email received from IAS to say that I was out of time to lodge an appeal. They informed me that I was able to use the Non-Standard procedure, which needs the permission of the parking operator.
    14th September I wrote to ES Parking Enforcement appealing to their better nature (they don't have one).
    18th September received Debt Collection Notice from ZZPS.
    On 27th September I emailed ZZPS in reply to their email dated 22nd September ( I had been off work 22nd, 25th and 26th). I told ZZPS that I was still waiting for a reply from ES to my letter dated 14th September.
    28th September received badly worded email from ZZPS - "Good morning. Thank you for your email. Please be advised we are passed this account at the debt recovery stage and the time to appeal has passed. Our client has confirmed this PCN has been issued correctly and the correct process followed. Please arrange payment, in the absence of payment the account will progress".

I can you tell you now that the correct process has not been followed. ES are insisting I was parked on Peel Street Accrington. At that time 27th June Peel Street was still a bus station.

I have googled maps and between where I was parked and Peel Street is a great big building called the Market Hall. If you google it yourself and use satellite feature you can see all the buildings and the area I was parked is on the left of the Market Hall which has no street name.

What do I do now? Do I hold out till the bitter end, have my day in court, then point out that they've got the location wrong?

There is now parking on Peel Street which is enforced by Lancashire County Council, as they've got the official parking notices displayed on the lamposts.

I am getting to the end of my tether as I'm no techie and no good on forums - I don't even use Facebook - I have a life - it's called 'real'.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Please keep this to your existing thread!

Here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5685971
  • As I said at the beginning of my last post - I don't know my threads from my posts. In English please what do I do with the link?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Forumite
    You post on it - Hijacking this thread will not get you best help.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Forumite
    Owd_Akela wrote: »
    In English please what do I do with the link?
    Click on it.
    It is a link to your already existing thread.
    It is where you should have posted your 4:24pm post.
  • There was absolutely NO intention of hijacking - just a blonde old bint who doesn't know what she's doing. Was that not apparent with the terminology and questions used?
  • Many thanks for a reply in English.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure