MSE News: BT returns to the mobile market – but are its deals any good?

2»

Comments

• jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blaketon wrote: »
    I had a web chat with a BT adviser and was told that the minutes do carry over.

That's a shock as i have never known any of the networks carry any unused minutes over.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    You should ask on Twitter as I suspect the advisor was wrong.
    Twitter = different platform.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Blaketon wrote: »
    I had a web chat with a BT adviser and was told that the minutes do carry over.

But the minutes dont roll over. No providers offer this type of facility anymore.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2015 at 9:43AM
    Dont forget if you have a smartphone, you can use any BT inclusive minutes you have on your landline on your mobile.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40735/~/how-does-the-bt-smarttalk-app-work-and-what-are-the-benefits%3F
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Did BT not already have a MVNO a few years back. What happened to this?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    people found flaws in its stop the clock system
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Even poor old BT could hardly make EE's dire customer service any worse...could they?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • I've gone for the BT £5 SIM offer, I applied for the SIM in November & there was a ITUNES voucher offer advertised. I filled in the form and waited 30 days + . I've chased today and I've been told there was no ITunes offer in November even though I applied for the vouchers on the BT website? Any help to get the vouchers would be greatly received. I have my email from BT saying I've applied for the vouchers 16/11/15.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    DavinaMc wrote: »
    I've gone for the BT £5 SIM offer, I applied for the SIM in November & there was a ITUNES voucher offer advertised. I filled in the form and waited 30 days + . I've chased today and I've been told there was no ITunes offer in November even though I applied for the vouchers on the BT website? Any help to get the vouchers would be greatly received. I have my email from BT saying I've applied for the vouchers 16/11/15.
    When in November did you apply for the sim?
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well reminded - I took up the £8 sim deal that was run for black friday week - it came with a £20 amazon or itunes voucher. I applied for the voucher on the 8th Dec, so should see something by this time next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure