Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• Smodlet wrote: »
    OMG, maybe I had better get rid of it then... Unless this is a cunning plan to stop people having a so-called alert thingy. For all the use it is at the moment, I might as well get rid of it. Tips on how to do so would be good... :o:rotfl:

I think you right click on the button and it comes up with remove from chrome. I am just back to good old refresh the page every now and then and hope for the best :D
  • Raine_E_Day
    Raine_E_Day Posts: 812
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    rachelja wrote: »
    I don't have any alert system either and I've cashed out just over £20 in the last week or so. Helped by a £7.50 study a couple of days ago.

Same for me, no alerts and I only check website four of five times a day (on laptop, not mobile). Ten studies this week, including the £7.50 one.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 March 2018 at 2:27PM
    I have just removed the Chrome extension and still receive the 503 errors so it seems the assistant is not the culprit. Surprise, surprise. PA need to get their act together, seriously.

ETA: I have re-installed the Prolific Assistant, clicked on Studies and once got the orange F-off button, twice had the 503 error so I really don't think the assistant is to blame.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Evaluate your subordinate (two-wave survey)
    Available Places : 157/346
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 10mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Smodlet wrote: »
    I have just removed the Chrome extension and still receive the 503 errors so it seems the assistant is not the culprit. Surprise, surprise. PA need to get their act together, seriously.

ETA: I have re-installed the Prolific Assistant, clicked on Studies and once got the orange F-off button, twice had the 503 error so I really don't think the assistant is to blame.
    How about disabling it today and trying the site tomorrow. I can't remember how long I extended the checking interval to before giving up, but the site seems rather sensitive to it's presence just lately (says he of too little prolific experience to use that phrase).
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I might try that, thisone, but I have since had the orange button appear several times so really don't think the extension is to blame. I think PA need to release a few moths and buy some more server space, or whatever you call it. Thanks, though. :)
  • sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 184
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Been 2 weeks without a study here. When i start Chrome and i'm logged out of P.A, my prolific Assistant usually goes mad with 5 alerts until i log in and find zero studies, it isn't even doing that now, so i'm wondering if theres a big problem at P.A's end too.

Or maybe its just we're just not in the random subset of participants anymore they send studies to..
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,886
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sebloak wrote: »
    Been 2 weeks without a study here. When i start Chrome and i'm logged out of P.A, my prolific Assistant usually goes mad with 5 alerts until i log in and find zero studies, it isn't even doing that now, so i'm wondering if theres a big problem at P.A's end too.

Or maybe its just we're just not in the random subset of participants anymore they send studies to..

Same for me! :(
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sebloak wrote: »

How frequently do you refresh the page?

I rarely have one off the bat, but while I am logged in if I refresh say once every few minutes I tend to get a couple a day.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Short video survey
    Available Places : 720/1220
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Reward: £ 0.50