PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Walking to village tea room to meet a friend. It was a lovely walk not as nice a day as Friday. The tea room was full but she set up another table for us downstairs. Great, friendly service.

2. Long catch up with my friend. It has been a while since we had met.

3. Put a shelf up in the hall cupboard. DH needs to put up some coat hooks then it will be finished. Reusing the hooks but I want them moved so they couldn't go into the same holes.

4. Watching the rugby. Some good matches.

5. Went to a 50th birthday party. Good seeing a few people I hadn't seen in a while.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    7-O ouch :(DD feel that CUFC could have done with a certain talented young defender in their first team, couldn't have done any worse!

Saturday pleasures,

Car limped home from early morning yard visit and dropped off at village garage. They fixed it for no charge after admitting fault.

Met up with eldest hollow legged one for breakfast, he paid :j

A gentle pottering kind of day, still found an hour to lay on sofa and read my book.

Bright day so Lulu left out until last minute, proud of my girlie as she nurse-maided an older, but far more stressed up horse in from the field.

Watched latest episode of The Dectectorists, do like Toby Jones
  • PM2DD Seven Nil! Seven bloody Nil! All I can think is Ripping Yarns! Keeps head down.

5 Oh well you have to see BoP eating wasps! Again. Just been into town and watched Paddington. Brilliant! Love it even better when people walk and then oh sugar, sum thing on the credits! Makes a change to get out of the flicks when the sun is shining.

4 Did shop inn emporium w8rs this morning and I tell yous now BoP was not SWIZZED but watch it inn the rip off emporiums. Seems the cakes of Jaffa, a staple food of the BoP, has been packaged in tens and not dozens! We are British and the dozens are more divisible then this foreign frog malarkey! Please avoid these reduced packages. BoP has not bought the boxed chocolates for the last ten years, but bought boiled sweets etc instead.
    AVOID - They are SWIZZING US!

3 Just letting BoPsie get her tatties peeler out ready for the Sunday lunch. Salmon this week, with home made sauce of Parsley, Mr Knorrr writes to me, not me to him!, peas, and minted new tatties. Spotted Dick with fresh lumpy custard will also be served up!

2 Last nite watched the Ridiculous 6 on flix of net. Better than some carp on the channel 1. Wobbleades and stuffed mushrooms and pizza bits were wolfed down! Home made again, pizza bits are cheese on toasts with odd bits from the fridge!

You're slowly going the wrong way when you realise that ...
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

Kittikins - well done on your awesome observation. I do often think with heads that, even those who haven't been away from the chalk face for very long, they begin to forget what it's actually like on the front line for the rest of us. And how we're busting a gut to do our very best for the children in our classes.

villagelife - your local tea room sounds as lovely as mine. In fact, I'm sure mine will be offering me shares very shortly.

I have come down with some sort of fuzziness. Just feeling a bit woolly and icky, but it means that I haven't gone to the rugby today - so I must be ill, right?

Pleasures:

1 Continuing to read my library book and just put a hold on a book which I'd normally have bought. £5 saved. :T :T

2) HM soup for lunch. It was delicious and lovingly made by my mum. Well, made by mum mum anyway. ;)

3) Peter Kay tickets bought. Not OS and not money saving, but good for the soul.

4) Attending the gym and making the most of my membership.

5) NSDs both yesterday and today :j :j I call that a bonus. Not bad in the run up to the *C* word. Also known as "Custard" at school, before 1st December...
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2017 at 10:42PM
    Options
    Dark and cold here , just been out with the dog and I cut it short as soon as he'd done what was needed!

Didn't feel great after my take away last night and ended up going to bed at 7.30pm and with a few wake ups through night didn't wake properly till 6.45am ...not sure why Mr Haggis didn't wake up before then either .

Lovely dog walk. Crunchy frosty paths to walk along. But blooming freezing!

Went to church and I'm so glad I did. I nearly didn't as found last week quite overwhelming but gave myself a stiff talking to and headed into town. I'm so glad I went, we had a visiting minister and she was just a tonic! Sat next to an old colleague from almost 30 years ago and could not believe it when she told me she was 81, she looks fabulous! I thought I could sit unobtrusively in the back but nah! Was spotted over and over again.

Bought more paint and didn't use it...had a day of painty rest! Popped into M&S, a few RTCs for my freezer and a pie for my tea tonight...have reached into my parsnip stash and pinched 4 for my tea tonight!

Had a bit of a snooze, was still not feeling 100% and was frozen. Watched Casualty on iplayer and then up to take doggie out.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 November 2017 at 2:23PM
    Options
    1. &'s au 2hwb lit d!jà. It feels lovely. Black green tea and cherry roulade alongside. Mmmmm:-)))

2. The 36hr marmalade mulch is now on lowest possible flame, to "bring it quietly to boil, then boil for 1¾hrs." &'s guestimating c.23bells-minuit. Then it has to sit o/n>cold+another 12 hrs. Only then is pulp measured and sugar added. Good bouquet has developed since y'day. Early NZ recipe from the Aunt Daisy Cookbook, copies of which now fetch a bit. On verra.

3. All in all, amazing rugby yday and some squeaky results, in perfect Alma ambiance, with real camaraderie and conversation. Next week should match up no probs. Doddie Weir, coping with motor neurone disease, walked out pre ABs v. Scotland, immaculately tartan-suited, accompanied by his 3 sons. Fine, fine looking lads. What an ovation, whole crowd stood, voiced, long long sustained acclamation. So did the Alma. Tears on and off field not well held back...as fitting.

4. Trumpy 1st thing, to speak about Spits situ with M. We are in total agreement, as everyone is. Hope my proposal poss. this Thursday. Then morning prayer, which felt very right, thought provoking.

5. Isihac, with good old crew guests, on as I headed to auction preview straight after 4. More tmrw a.m. Suspect some stratospheric results in the offing on certain Lots. & will not be making £6-8000 opening bids on 867 and 868....a Jizhou Meijing vase, then one in the Jizhou Guri style, much as I'd love to. These are the sorts of pots that embody the aesthetic Bernard Leach believed in, lived his creative life to achieve, produce and proselytise.
    & bids at the dregs end, if lucky, in this company. Looking at one or two possibles with Spits in mind, nonetheless.
    #
    Listening to ATP tennis final, unexpectedly btwn Goffin and Dimitrov.
    Time to peep at ongoing simmer, give it a stir, then more Lots research.

Gently into the new week, care and kindnesses to all, especially where they've been in short supply.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    Wow LaineyT, that's a good garage.

1 Grilled bacon in oven bottom muffins with cranberry and brie, delicious.
    2 Christmas chocolate from last year, a proper size Wispa was snaffled - it was delicious.
    3 Kitchen time today created 4 large jars of damson jam which we are keeping, and 3 gifting jars, multi tasked and cooked dinner of prawn curry alongside as I was dishing the jam into jars.
    4 Cleared out the bottom of the wardrobe where the animals have been sleeping where they shouldn’t be and threw it all through the wash, hoovered all upstairs, took our bedding off and put clean bedding on, as relaxing on a Sunday is overrated – or moreover we have a couple of days to ourselves and I don’t want to be cleaning.
    5 Candles are lit, guy martin is on TV and various things are doing SW updates will they ever work again, who knows.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. A bit of a lie in for me until about 7.

2. Spent a couple of hours tidying and attempting to organise my cupboards better.

3. Went shopping as DS2 needed to spend money from his birthday on a tv. I then did some more Christmas shopping.

4. We went to Jamie's Italian for lunch. Given a bottle of wine and nibbles for veg a good card holder there. (Its also a free card) We didn't want a dessert but waitress gave DS2 a brownie and ice cream with happy birthday written on the plate. Great service.

5. Quiet evening watching tv and reading.
  • BoP is enroute to the smoke.

More later
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunday pleasures,

Cough ramping up so that Lainey now sounds like one of BOP's trains, headed out to yard just as first pink touched the sky, cold and frosty morning.

Broke the ice on Lulu's field water bucket, thoughts very much with my darling Dad who was in racing stables at 14 and who always said you were not a horse owner until you did just that, grateful love and thanks sent into the ether that he had passed such a passion onto myself.

Took the scissors and nail clippers to small dog, no longer looks so much like a walking carpet!

Back at the yard, horses tucked up warm, my friend and I stopped our conversation as something white caught our eyes in the gloom, a barn owl starting its hunt along the side of the ditch, beautiful.

Home to the beef stew that had bunged in the slow cooker a long 12 hours ago, much appreciated by all, the dogs had remains of the gravy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback