Time to get serious

Comments

• A very wet & windy start to the weekend here.

Nothing extra to throw at the mortgage at the moment but have stuck to the meal plan and had enough baked and prepared to see us through last week. I need to plan what to bake this weekend for next week. At least one type of soup for lunches and a tray bake of some sort.

The rug has been photographed and added to some FB groups but no interest yet, maybe this horrible weather will spark some interest!!

Not sure how much else will get done as have quite a bit of work to do this weekend, which long term will turn into £ and I really need to finish the quarterly accounts as VAT return due soon and I hate leaving it until the last minute.
  • Terrible stormy weather here, I hope everyone is ok.

I managed to get a lot done over the weekend, but still loads on my to-do list.

I didn't manage to get any baking/cooking done apart from our meals but have got plenty of soup and other things in already so not urgent.

I won't have to pay for my dog food this month as spent a few hours doing a favour for the dog food place this weekend, so have transferred over £100 to the mortgage.

Listed an old phone on eBay as f0nebank only listed it as £1 - it is very old! Looking at sold prices I should hopefully get 6-7 for it on there.

Also took some photos of one of the kids ponies to sell. (Kids are all grown up now - so completely outgrown). Probably the wrong time of year to try and sell but going to give it a go.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!

This doesn't seem possible on paper, but not a lot of things I have done have seemed possible so why change the habit of a lifetime?!
    That's the spirit :T.

How did DD's interview go?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Thanks GG :D

Annoyingly she hasn't heard back from them, even though they said they would let her know the next day:(
    Hopefully a nice little pt job will appear for her soon before her next set of driving lessons need paying for!

Sold old phone on the bay of e for £10 so transferred that across and posted other one to f0nebank, so should be able to transfer that when it hits the bank.
  • It's the quiet time of month where there is not much movement in reaching the goals,

I had confirmation through if payment for the phone, so just waiting for the BACs transfer to happen.

Had an offer on the pony, not a very good one but it does seem like a good home, so hopefully that will happen over the weekend. It will be a very sad time to see her go.

Having a look shp0ck after seeing it mentioned on another diary. Not sure if it will be any good but might try it out alongside eBay for the few items I do find to sell.
    Off out for a meal tonight catching up with friends and then again tomorrow with family, shouldn't be too expensive though.
  • Very productive day yesterday. You know how you run round the house like a madman tidying up before people come over? Well I was doing that yesterday at the stables, when my Fitbit synced with MFP I was over 1000 cals burnt through exercise :j:j

Not sure how to fit everything in today - in fact I know it just isn't going to happen so really need to focus on what I absolutely HAVE to get done today. Wish me luck!
  • Another weekend flew by. There's just no enough hours to get everything done!

Managed to get a pan of soup cooked yesterday for lunches this week, also managed to burn the second pan of soup :( do not so good.

Checked BG and the energy transfer must have gone through as it says the tariff is collective rate February 2017, so hopefully should have some credit to shuffle into mortgage/savings in June as will leave DD at current rate. Should also get the cash back too at some point.

We have a visit tomorrow to see if we can have a water meter, so that is progressing too.

I didn't manage to get to the shops yesterday and we do need a few bits. Hopefully will do that tonight. Planning to take the tin of coppers down to change up too.
    Another eBay listing went on yesterday, still got s couple more bits waiting to add.
    Discovered accidentally that my old horse trailer shouldn't be used on the roads anymore (it's been parked up for years) so wondering if it has any scrap metal value.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Sounds like you are doing amazingly well already! My mum and sister have horses, my mum has retired my little sisters old ponies so she has four now!haha. I tease her about collecting them, I am allergic so just go and visit sometimes! Hope your doggy is feeling better and DD hears about the job soon, nothing worse than having to wait around!

Will pop back again soon,

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Thank you Jodles :)

Yes I am guilty of collecting them too, but the little ones have to go this year - I have been saying this for years so although the first one going this weekend was very sad it is also a very big step for me!

Money transferred to mortgage is now showing, so now down to £3012.48.

Hoping to make it to shops tonight for a few bits so will change up copper tin whilst there and hopefully along with the cash I have in my purse I will not have to use anything from the bank account (leaving more to overpay at the end of the month!)
  • Well didn't make it to the shops, so that's the plan for tonight.

Unfortunately we can't have a water meter as there's nowhere suitable for it, but apparently we can have our bill capped so a nice reduction each month (not quite sure of the details as DH dealt with it)

CP has been updated and I'm back up to enough points for £20 of vouchers. Not sure yet which ones to get, normally get N3xt but I was looking and they do some for beefeater too, so that might be a nice idea.

I tried the bounts app to sync with my Fitbit, but ended up disconnecting it as it was messing up the synching with MFP. Has anyone else has this issue?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure