MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gosh that is low. I was hoping to be able to reassure you because mine has remained the same throughout, which is pretty low for this stage but definitely nowhere near that!

I would have thought low is better than high though? Did they suggest why it might pose a problem? x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubblepops - hope baby tries to make an appearance soon for you before induction date but these babies do what they like.

AP - glad you got something to help with the sickness, must be horrible!

hippi - are they just going to keep an eye on your bp?

Not much going on here. Busy week at work, but only 6 weeks after this week left. Baby been quite wriggly this week and still think her head is wedged under my rib.
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Hippihaz, my BP has been low throughout pregnancy too. Usually 90/50-ish, not higher than 100/60 and that was the day I ran up several flights of stairs as I was late for the appointment! My MW's never seemed concerned about it though, told me I probably just had a naturally low BP. It's certainly not as dangerous as high BP, but can make you feel tired all the time, and at risk of fainting if it gets too low (happened to me in my previous pregnancies but luckily not this time!) Midwives advised making sure I eat regularly, and keep some high-energy snacks or drinks in my bag when I go out, sit down whenever needed, and don't get up too quickly after sitting or lying down. Mostly, look after yourself ;)

Had an extra antenatal appointment yesterday, the hospital sent out a letter but the MW wasn't sure why as I'm meant to have a community MW appt tomorrow. Was probably just as well though, my bump measured small again (31cm at 37 weeks), but she did a scan and said baby looked fine. Midwives tomorrow would just have sent me to the hospital anyway! Baby is very low down in my pelvis, MW thinks it will come a bit early (yay! should maybe build that cot soon...) It's getting kind of scary to think that soon we'll be a family of five!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • hippihaz
    hippihaz Posts: 115 Forumite
    I wasn't too worried about my bp and the midwife didn't seen especially concerned, just told me make sure I drink plenty. It seems similar to your Gayleygoo, so will just keep an eye on it! x
  • krustylouise
    I must admit I googled it after I posted my last post and it said some women just naturally have low bp's during pregnancy xx

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

• Well talking about blood pressure mine was up again at my consultants appointment today. They didn't do another scan & didn't mention anything about the size or weight of the baby but the doctor wasn't happy about my bp & recommended induction. I said I wasn't keen & as my bp hasn't actually been consistently high but up & mainly down, she agreed to monitor it over a couple of hours to see how it was & go from there & 4 "normal" results later she gave me a sweep, saying i was 1-2cm dilated & to go back friday & monday for bp & sweeps & see what happens.

This way even if i do end up getting induced next week I won't feel like I've been pushed into it and I've tried the natural ways of getting things started. I've been bouncing on my ball this afternoon, got quite a lot of back ache but I don't know if thats just pregnancy/sweep related.

It's all just a waiting game now!
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Hi all, just a quick update-induction was started this afternoon, and it's starting to get a little painful!

Sorry for the lack of personals-reeeeeally bad reception!

Hugs to all xxx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Good luck bubblepops! Painful isn't nice but it means progress which is good! Hope you won't be waiting long! xx
  • krustylouise
    Good luck bubblepops :D

Anyone else feel slightly hotter than normal? I woke up feeling hot yet I'm naked, window open, duvet off and still feel warm.

I took my temp but not sure it was accurate. Pretty sure I'm not feverish and don't feel ill?

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

• Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope things progress at a manageable pace for you Bubblepops and baby arrives soon!

Krustylouise - yes, I think it's a pregnancy thing! With all the increased blood circulating etc I think it's normal for body temp to naturally be slightly higher than normal.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport