Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everybody,

I hope you have had a good weekend and not too much trouble with this pesky snow! I will proceed to answer your questions below;

<snip>
    </snip>

@quoia That’s no good at all! I’m very sorry about that, we’ve had the team change the format now so that it can include order numbers of 7-9 digits. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for all of your queries, I will be back shortly to answer any more that you may have.

Have a great week,

Leanne :)

Hi Leanne.

Thanks for your prompt reply, and you & your team's immediate action in correcting a minor programming issue.

I've now successfully raised a claim - 9 digit order number entered OK :j :D

HOWEVER :eek: I now have another "issue" that I hope you can resolve, or pass the details to someone that will allow these claims to be processed accordingly :)

I'm talking about CLICKSNAP ... and very recent changes you've made to the claim procedure for In-Store purchases when you UPLOAD the receipt details.

I made my first ever claims on 24th February, followed by more on the 27th & 28th.
    I continued on 3rd March and then the 8th and 9th.
    On ALL these occasions the procedure was the same and latterly were for products "on offer" from Monday 25th Feb to Sunday 17th March, the only "criteria" apparently being that the receipts were obviously dated between these dates and you could claim up to 3 times for each item.

For various reasons (including a lack of time & laptop and camera problems) I had been "saving" some receipts with the view that this weekend, particularly Sunday, would give me a chance to Upload them

Imagine my :eek: HORROR :eek: when I came to do my first one late on Sunday evening, only to find that part of the Upload requirement now, was picking from a choice of dates that your claim was for.
    Unfortunately, despite the detailed item information still showing 25th Feb to 17th Mar, the drop-down choice of dates ONLY goes back 7 days.

The earliest date I could select was Sunday 10th of March - Unfortunately I had a few from before this date. A couple were from the end of Feb and some others from the 1st week in March.

I HAVE UPLOADED them, correctly selecting the items claimed for etc. as per your new procedure, they ARE VALID and in the "claim date range", BUT all I could do was select the earliest date possible, which of course IS NOT the date as shown on the receipt. (Something that wasn't asked for a few days ago)

I know that ClickSnap is a new facility, and is only in the BETA stage of its implementation, BUT I hope that Quidco members will not be penalised and lose out because of programming changes to its usage.

Thanks Leanne - hope you can progress this and put my mind to rest that my "date inconsistent" claims will not go AWOL or be rejected such that I've wasted my time, targeting some of my shopping, trying to take advantage of a bit of cashback :)

Cheers Q
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 April 2013 at 9:23AM
    [text removed by MSE Forum Team

@Quoia: We do state in our terms and conditions that all receipts need to be submitted within seven days of purchase. This is to ensure that all claims and processed and awarded within a suitable time frame. Without looking at your account I can't do that much, but you are more than welcome to raise an inquiry with us on the website.

Kind Regards

Brad
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi guys,

I can see that you've all met Brad, he's our ClickSnap expert and he'll mainly be looking after our other thread (as linked) but he'll be popping onto this thread as well to help with your queries.

@mcowan77 I’m sorry to hear that this has been declined. A lot of the time this is because of cookies or that a voucher code found somewhere else other than Quidco has been applied (for instance an offer on the site itself) we are not normally able to request further information. But if you raise a formal complaint at this link, the complaints team may be able to help.

@eileenfromplaistow More Than is taking around 7 months at the moment, there have been a few delays, but please be assured that we’ve got our team talking to the networks and this should be sorted out by the time yours comes to that time scale.

We'll be back shortly to answer any more queries you might have.

Many thanks,

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • jgee_2
    jgee_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Quidco - More Than Insurance - what a con.

I bought my home insurance through Quidco - yes, I did do some other searches first, but corrrectly followed the link through Quidco. It tracked correctly for the first three months and then suddenly just disappeared

Now - having raised a missing cashback claim, sorry - we can't trace your purchase to Quidco

What an abosolute bunch of cowboys - won't use Quidco for any large amounts of cashback again as it's the second time for a claim of greater than £25 I've had to chase.

NOT IMPRESSED
  • Dear Quidco Rep
    I have been waiting for my missing cashback with Halifax Credit Card since I submitted my initial claim more than 9 months ago. Could you let me know how to contact you? Thank you.
  • Good afternoon everybody,

@andrea_louise Were all of these transactions with QVC? I’d like to take a further look into this for you, can you do as advised before, raise a ticket and at the start write FAO Leanne. Thanks

I hope I've been able to help. As always, have a great week and I will be back soon.

Many Thanks,

Hi Leanne,

Have you had any luck with the ticket I raised?

Kind regards
    Andrea
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • username: pieceoffluff

Hello, i made a Debenhams transaction 10th march at approximately an hour before a 10% cashback offer ended.

It has instead tracked at the usual Debenham's 3% cashback rate. When i try to make a claim I get the message 'Transaction already tracked'.

Please advise?
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi quidco rep thanks for the reply.

I emailed onephoneshop re the declined cashback. They said no other marketing channel has been paid for the transaction. This is not what quidco are saying?.

I believe that quidco have had quite a few similar complaints on this deal.

I've emailed quidco via your link. Where do I stand on this?

All cookies for cleared and I went through quidco 100%

Thanks

Here's the reply I got

Hello and thanks for your email. I'm really sorry for the delay in responding.

I’m very sorry to have to let you know that we’re unable to send you a cashback payment attributed to using the website Quidco.

Your order has not been tracked as having come through from Quidco and does not show any information to suggest that this was the case. Your online cookie trail shows as having come directly to the Onestopphoneshop website and therefore no other company has been paid for this.

The Quidco cashback terms and conditions state that “The Quidco Service allows Account Holders to earn cashback on tracked purchases from retailers. To qualify for cashback, the retailer must confirm that the Account Holders purchase is tracked, genuine and successful (constituting a "Qualifying Transaction"), and your resulting referral fee must be received by us (becoming “Cashback” as a result). When we refer to retailers, we mean sellers and suppliers of goods or services and other businesses that work with us (such as price- and quote-comparison services).”

I’m very sorry but we’re unable to confirm that your purchase was tracked as originating from Quidco and as such cannot approve any cashback payment.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and upset caused to you.
  • Robboseven
    Robboseven Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Given the hassle and time consumed trying to go through Quidco. I have started going onto the Quidco site to find cashback deals then contacting the retailer directly, referring to the Quidco offer and asking for the payment as a discount off whatever I'm buying. It was actually a retailer who suggested it.

Worked every time so far and happens in minutes rather than the months (if you're lucky) it takes Quidco.
    My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli.
    He was pulled in by a strong currant.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 24 March 2013 at 1:34AM
    Is it just me or has the app for Android gotten worst over the last week or so.

This afternoon it was crashing when trying to refresh location data, it kept on crashing when trying to check into Tesco (tried 4 different stores, all other non-tesco stores worked fine).

I have tried uninstalling, and re-downloading from google play, I have tried turning my phone off and on again. I keep on reporting it when it crashes but it's been getting worst for a good 3 weeks now.

Sort it out please.

Also on an unrelated note about the app problems, is there any reasoning behind why only 10% of Homebases show as being able to "check in" at
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback