New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Thank you. Chipper, but also shattered already! But it will be worth it....just got to get used to the change. To think, in the old days I would have 3 or 4 jobs on the go, including one full time, just in order to get by, so surely I must be able to get used to a few extra hours in my working week. Roll on moving house and having an office to work from at home!!
  • My first week was tiring but good. I'm going to enjoy this part of my journey. I've got an idea of how much my take home pay will be so I can start working some rough budgets. I do need to change my car so must factor that in. I've signed up to the share purchase plan on offer. A good savings incentive for the next few years...more to help with the pension pot really rather than the MF goal, but it all helps for really very little relative cost.

I'm working on a basic salary for now.... bonuses will hopefully follow next year. I don't expect any this year while I settle in and build things up. And those bonuses, as and when they appear, will go straight off the mortgage. Goals, goals, goals!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad job is seeming ok.
    Knowing you as I do you will smash those bonus's when the time comes.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yup! I've sent you a link on messenger.

Or

If you download the circle app and when it asks for a referral code put X4Z2Q0 it should let me know that you've joined. Then if you trust me enough to send me £25 that I send straight back to you, circle will also send both of us an extra £5.

Yee hah for free money!

Hi Betterthanever, does this still work? I want to sign up for Circle as am doing PA :)
  • beanielou
    Hope things are well in your world & the new job is going well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Gosh...how long has it been...?! I've been so caught up in settling into the new job etc that I've not even checked in!

Kate...yes,.the link does work....I love circle. You've probably found another referral by now but if you need, do let me know.

The job is fab. All encompassing as you might have gathered but I do love it. I've definitely made the right choice there.

House wise we have exchanged contracts on the new build....which won't be ready until Oct or Nov....so some way off still. We have accepted an offer on my existing house from first time buyers so hopefully that will go through soonish and we won't need to get a BTL on this. If it does go through soon, we will need to rent somewhere for the rest of the summer. Not ideal but I'll take it. We have quotes for storage to avoid unpacking and packing up again etc

Due to the amount of time it's taking to build the new house our mortgage offer expires but we managed to renew it at a lower rate. 1.99% on a 5year fix so all good there.

Still some way to go before we can get settled and sorted, of course but hoping it all comes together.

Hope everyone else is ok. I shall go and read around the board.......
  • beanielou
    So pleased for you on all fronts :)

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Such good news, betterthan! I'm so glad the job is a good fit for you, as well as all the other good things happening.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Thanks. Whilst I am loving the job, finding a new routine has been hard and is definitely still work in progress. Getting back to exercise has been hit and miss, we do a lot of out of hours client entertaining so my meal plans are all over the place, and making sure we get that all important work-related balance is a priority. No amount of increased salary will be worth it if our home life suffers. Thankfully DH is fully on board and we work well as a team, but I do need to find some structure so that we don't risk getting into a manic state of stressful disorganised survival!!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great to see you back :). Work/life balance is the eternal challenge. If you work out the answer will you let me know?:p

Fab news on the house sale :T
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure