Options
    Glad he's there ok, hope you can have a more relaxing day today :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks jwil I'm sure we will :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    Options
    This trip sounds like it's going to be the making of him. Perhaps once he is home you can build on his successes.

Have a good day. Perhaps small steps for you after all the excitement

Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes Pauline I'd like to make him feel that's he's done something amazing, because he has :).

I think it will be small steps for us today because we've only had about four hours sleep the past two nights. It's literally impossible to sleep if you are worried about your child :(.

So now we know DS2 is safe, for now, we can do some of the more urgent tasks we've been neglecting. I may need a nap later on to get me through the day :o.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    He's arrived :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & :j :j for UCAS :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    & :j :j for UCAS :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    He's arrived :j :j

I know, relief all around :j.

No idea what he's doing now. It should be 10.00am in New Orleans so hopefully he's had a good nights sleep.

He hasn't said what he's planning on doing when he gets there, apart from seeing some friends. He told DH's sister that one of them is from where we live, so maybe they went to his school :huh: ?

I bet he gets back and we never find out where he went or what he did while he was there. That would be so like him. I wish I could microchip him like a cat :rotfl:

DH and I have finished work early because we feel too tired to think :o.
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd be so frustrated if I couldn't find out, I'm so nosy. I hope you had a good day and managed a sneaky nap!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Hello HHoD - I've come to you from Pooh's diary (missing her!). Sometimes I feel it is just nosiness, but I find these sort of diaries so inspiring and warm.

My nephew has mental health problems - he is such a beautiful young man, full of talents and charisma, and so self-destructive that we all worry for him. It's not like a physical illness that you start 'taking the tablets' for, (if only!!), neither can you extract the problems surgically.It seems to be an ongoing, see-sawing state of affairs that will probably never get resolved satisfactorily.

Still, I look forward to reading your posts with interest.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you Elizabeth. DS2 did go through a slightly self destructive phase a few years ago, but he does seem much better now so I hope it lasts. His illness came on when he was 18, he was perfectly normal before then. It is very difficult to treat as nobody seems sure what caused it in the first place :o.

However he works very hard at his business, has been buying new clothes and has been much more communicative towards the rest of his family recently, so these are all good signs :).

I hope your nephew is getting the support he needs. It is very hard for families.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure