Specavers contact lenses and solution

Options
2»

Comments

• adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never dabbled with fortnightly /monthly lenses. I only use dailies though i do double dip them, ie whip them out on day one,give them a rub and a rinse in some soaking solution and slip them in a lens case overnight with clean soaking solution. Every other day i thorughly clean the case with hot water and anti microbial spray and let it air dry. Note, i am not recommening this, this is my personal choice :)

Where do you get them and for how much?

I think dailies will be the next thing to try for me. I found monthlies last d really well, but these fortnightlies are terrible - fine when in and working but last a maximum of a week.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Options
    adonis10 wrote: »
    Where do you get them and for how much?

I think dailies will be the next thing to try for me. I found monthlies last d really well, but these fortnightlies are terrible - fine when in and working but last a maximum of a week.

Hi

I buy them direct from my optometrist as his prices cant be beaten.

I currently use coopervision Softique one day dailies and just checking his price is £78 for 90 pairs. I can make 90 pairs last 6 months as i double dip and dont always wear contacts every day so that works out about £26 per month or £13 pm if i double dip :)

The cheapest he does is bausch and lomb 90 pairs @ £72
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I buy them direct from my optometrist as his prices cant be beaten.

I currently use coopervision Softique one day dailies and just checking his price is £78 for 90 pairs. I can make 90 pairs last 6 months as i double dip and dont always wear contacts every day so that works out about £26 per month or £13 pm if i double dip :)

The cheapest he does is bausch and lomb 90 pairs @ £72

Thanks for the info. Good idea about double dipping, I'd do the same - works out much cheaper than Specsavers' ~£30 month. However, that does come with the annual check ups included and availability to have appointments whenever required if there are any issues, eye problems etc.

How much do you pay for your annual checks, ad hoc visits etc.? I am trying to decide if it is worth coming off the lensmail package and just sourcing my own lenses online.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Options
    Please for the love of god don't put water in a contact lens case. Rinsing the case with contact lens solution and air drying it is enough. I can't say it enough water and contact lenses do not mix. Don't rinse lenses in water, don't swim in your contacts, don't put your lenses in when your hands are still damp and never put water in your lens case.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and reusing non-reusable lenses is silly, you don't want to watch while a surgeon is scraping your torn old lens off your cornea with just a couple of numbing drops for anaesthetic
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Options
    Glaswejen is of course correct. Contact lens wearers must follow strict hygiene regimes and use their lenses as precribed.

See here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthamoeba_keratitis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1771120/
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure