PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 22 April 2017 at 3:36PM
    Since last update spent another £40.45. Hoping beyond hope that we stay within budget this month.

Tonight for me is sweet and sour vegetables, rice and seaweed. OH is having beef stir fry with egg noodles.

£125.01/£150
    £24.99 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Took friend to Drs, forgot cream cheese in Lidl so popped into Aldi, got a few bits and cream cheese £10, hopefully I should have a decent stock of items to last well into May.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Blew best part of £90 at Aldi today and no booze :( double a 'normal' spend

DS2 is costing me a fortune in food/snacks being back from Uni and working shifts, he needs 'grab' food as no microwave etc Sandwiches all the time is a little boring - hey ho one of the joys of being a parent I guess..
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2017 at 2:12PM
    On reflection went back to Aldi, I have lemon slices in hot water every morning, so got another load to slice and freeze, bulk buy ex, also 3 more avocados, went in Tesco as a £4 off £30 spend, 2 reduced meat for freezer 2 cans of J.W tuna I had vouchers for so free, then bought to total with my chocolate, to take from bulk buy total bill down to £23-11,£20 of which is bulk buy fund, by my accounting that leaves £24 for last week of April.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    £26 spend today £10 of which should really be from my entertainment budget as it was food for a "girls" lunch on Monday. Should be more or less it for April though do hope to buy some fish at a food market tomorrow. Total so far is £150/£160 so might go over but also bought today soap powder on offer which won't get used for a bit so don't mind.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 23 April 2017 at 8:47PM
    Will log exact spends soon; but today i had to buy deodrant, dry shampoo, bananas, lettuce, and frozen sweetcorn. Think that was it. Hopefully, nothing needed now until next week.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    Got my final week's shop for £36.64 in the new Aldo's after going into town with DS. £3.98 was store cupboard items but all in my overall target of 33.33% at this 4 month point. Off to update my signature. Happy weekend everyone
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSD here again

Catching up on washing before the weather turns this week.

Market Porter steaks tonight, bought on MSE deal earlier this month, served with Dauphinois potatoes and home grown Asparagus and wild garlic

Chocolate Fondants for pud - DH,s favourite meal :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Have £48 left till end of the month so hoping to come in on target as cant really afford to go over this month.
    PAYDBX 2017 #073 2571/£2500
    EF #220 460/£1000
    MFW dec 12 [STRIKE]£97000[/STRIKE] jan 18 £86973
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm still on track fof this month .Have spent £88 /120, n have got loads in for the next wedk or so.Will just need bread n soft drinks 😊
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family