Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    candyapple wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Checking in with a 1lb gain bah! That Easter bunny has a lot to answer for :rotfl:

Straight back on it though, normally have an off plan day when I weigh myself but I feel more positive this week so instead of stuffing my face, I ate properly and did a weights workout :eek: think I have found my motivation at last :D

As well as following SW I'm also giving tracking my calories a go using myfitnesspal and I have to say it's working really well for me. I feel like lately I'm needing the extra discipline of restricting calories so I don't go overboard and binge. So we'll see how that goes .. day 3 so far!

Hope you all have a good day
    x

Well done for getting straight back on it, and finding your motivation. People think that cute, sweet and innocent looking Easter bunny is lovely, but he is really evil :EasterBun

I've used myfitnesspal in the past and it does work, I just don't find it as easy for every day eating as Slimming World. Definitely think it is worth doing though, if you are struggling to lose, or if your portion sizes are creeping up.
    I used it the other week, when I was coming to terms with my restrictive diet, as I was eating syned stuff as replacements for free stuff, just to try and keep some control over what I was eating.
    It's a free tool, so definitely worth using if it helps you.
    Zebras rock
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good effort, WJN, kathrynha and shiprob (fantastic).

Just had a thought – when we lose a small amount eg ½ lb or 1lb we say it’s JUST such and such, but if we gain that amount we consider it a monumental tragedy! We, well I do, need to retrain the brain to accept ½ lb weighs the same whether it’s on or off and it’s not terrible either way.

I was a mushroom-loather until my mid 30s (not yesterday, sadly!). I started adding them to Bolognese sauce, then fried them with onions for steaks. I use them fairly often now. I still don’t like them ‘poached’ and don’t even go to mushroom soup – ugh!

Hello, Missli. Yes, SW definitely works. I was an online member for about a year but I didn’t get much out of that. That’s not everyone’s experience though. I gave up after I found the lovely people on this thread. The classes are a much better option and keep you more accountable.

lush, I feel for you.

I have managed to stay on plan (apart from DGS’s birthday on Monday). I need to keep it going.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »
    According to the app 5 sprays are half a syn.

That is brilliant kathrynha,thank you xx
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thanks everyone. managed to scrape a STS this week shala - better than giving up. need to really go for the next challenge though

today I've had:
    breakfast: fruit and fibre ( I know its not technically a heb any more but doesn't seem to affect my weightloss measuring out a 30/35g portion) with milk from hea
    mid morning: an apple
    just now: some seafood sticks with tomatoes, lettuce, carrot and cabbage (grated)
    tonight will be meatballs (5syn) with sauce (3syn) and pasta

can anyone help with the syns in roast chicken flavoured Ko-Lee go noodle pots 65g? I can supply nutritional info if any help?

I have been brave and made myself a doctors appointment to talk to someone about the anxiety. however now I'm anxious about having an appoint for anxiety - I think my issues have issues at the moment and they need confronting :/

going out soon for a walk which should help pep me up for this afternoon.

booked in to get my brows and lashes done on Monday. as a little self care/prep for spending next weekend in London. hopefully that helps build me up a little
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • kathrynha
    Forumite
    thanks everyone. managed to scrape a STS this week shala - better than giving up. need to really go for the next challenge though

today I've had:
    breakfast: fruit and fibre ( I know its not technically a heb any more but doesn't seem to affect my weightloss measuring out a 30/35g portion) with milk from hea
    mid morning: an apple
    just now: some seafood sticks with tomatoes, lettuce, carrot and cabbage (grated)
    tonight will be meatballs (5syn) with sauce (3syn) and pasta

can anyone help with the syns in roast chicken flavoured Ko-Lee go noodle pots 65g? I can supply nutritional info if any help?

I have been brave and made myself a doctors appointment to talk to someone about the anxiety. however now I'm anxious about having an appoint for anxiety - I think my issues have issues at the moment and they need confronting :/

going out soon for a walk which should help pep me up for this afternoon.

booked in to get my brows and lashes done on Monday. as a little self care/prep for spending next weekend in London. hopefully that helps build me up a little

Well done for not giving up.

5 syns for the noodle pot.

Well done for making a docs appointment. I think that is the hardest part over with. You will be fine with the appointment. Save yourself some syns for a treat afterwards.

You issues having issues comment made me smile.
    Zebras rock
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Well I put another 2lb on which I think either makes me the same weight as I was at the start of the challenge or a pound heavier.

I need to stop playing at this and really get into it and my snout out the sweetie packets.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Moonlustie
    Moonlustie Posts: 14 Forumite
    Afternoon All

Apologies for lack of attendance :embarasse but my internet has been down since Friday and I'm relying on being able to get online when I'm at work. Tuesday and Wednesday were busy so no chance :(. Today is quieter. I weighed in at group on Tuesday and put on 2lb which wasn't bad as I wasn't on plan over Easter. I'm finishing up the bad stuff so back to plan as of the weekend.

Soooo I'm meal planning - suggestions please for portable breakfasts (I bring them to work); had porridge and fruit this morning, not filling enough.

Well done :T to anyone I've missed losing this week and commiserations to those like me have put on. Hopefully, I can be a bit more regular on here now.

Dinner tonight: spag bog (already cooked) looking to add mushrooms, carrots and green beans :A
    Target: 7lb at the moment - there's a lot to lose! :eek:
  • kathrynha
    Forumite
    ali-t wrote: »
    Well I put another 2lb on which I think either makes me the same weight as I was at the start of the challenge or a pound heavier.

I need to stop playing at this and really get into it and my snout out the sweetie packets.
    Moonlustie wrote: »
    Afternoon All

Apologies for lack of attendance :embarasse but my internet has been down since Friday and I'm relying on being able to get online when I'm at work. Tuesday and Wednesday were busy so no chance :(. Today is quieter. I weighed in at group on Tuesday and put on 2lb which wasn't bad as I wasn't on plan over Easter. I'm finishing up the bad stuff so back to plan as of the weekend.

That evil Easter bunny has been at it again :EasterBun

Soooo I'm meal planning - suggestions please for portable breakfasts (I bring them to work); had porridge and fruit this morning, not filling enough.

I take breakfasts to work too, and agree they need to be filling to ward off the mid-morning treats.
    Overnight oats are great, and I find they keep me pretty full.
    Slimming world quiche, can do bacon, mushroom and tomato ones to make them breakfasty.
    Also, a weird option, but really nice and filling, I have homemade pot noodles for breakfast. Hot, filling and really tasty
    Zebras rock
  • Moonlustie
    Moonlustie Posts: 14 Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Also, a weird option, but really nice and filling, I have homemade pot noodles for breakfast. Hot, filling and really tasty

Mmm, noodles and breakfast stuff, interesting thank you :)
    Target: 7lb at the moment - there's a lot to lose! :eek:
  • kathrynha
    Forumite
    Mmm, noodles and breakfast stuff, interesting thank you :)

According to my colleague it's totally normal in a lot of countries
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family