Drawing a line under the debt

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Bob, been lurking on your thread a while, always in awe of your meals! I am a rubbish cook, but I am hoping to test out more recipes this year.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    So I have been reading lots of different diaries and am intrigued by non spend days! So I am going to set myself a goal of six before the end of the month.

Today was not one, was reminded by both the Girl and the Boy (12&11) that they have home tech tomorrow and Tuesday. I get my online shop Tuesday midday so no use for ingredients. The Girl was most put out that I wouldn't let her do lemon and blueberry muffins (have you seen the cost of blueberries:eek: ) so she is having to do chocolate ones as had most of the ingredients. Her challenge was finding a recipe that didn't use butter. But I still needed to buy flour and milk. The Boy is doing fruit salad so grapes and strawberries and some tins too.

And then I blew it all by ordering in pizza for tea :mad: bit annoyed with myself. But now I have decided not to go to Scotland I moved it over from the holiday budget. But no more this month :p

Tomorrow is a new day, that's what I say :rotfl:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Bob, been lurking on your thread a while, always in awe of your meals! I am a rubbish cook, but I am hoping to test out more recipes this year.

Thanks very much. There is no such thing as a rubbish cook. It's all about what you know. If you are interested you are sure to improve. I am self taught. But with the benefit of working in a commercial kitchen for around 4 years till recently.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • No Spend Days are a great motivator for me to cut back on avoidable small spends. Before, I would justify a coffee because it's only £4 or I need a new t-shirt and so I'll buy it just now at £20 or whatever, now what I do is avoid the small spends of coffee etc full stop as I'd kick myself if something that ruined a NSD and for bigger spends I add it to a list on my phone so that when it is a spend day I can buy them all at once plus it gives me time to think about it and do i really need it.

6 is a great number to aim for for January, good luck.
  • So not sure if today was a no spend or not. I spent £8 cash on a relaxation class for me and the Boy, he has had a hard transition to secondary school so we were trying it out to help with his anxiety. But technically it was budgeted and I would have paid upfront if that was an option. But apart from that nothing spent.

Tomorrow I am having my monthly shop delivered, but apart from that I am hoping for nothing else. May have to go into work tomorrow to cover a colleague for an hour or so. And then am out to my sister's for the evening for a catch up which will be nice.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Feeling sorry for myself today. Went in to have a crown fitted on one of my teeth (been saving up the £233 since Oct) but when I got there I ended up having a root canal filling instead, so the crown has been pushed back to may. My head hurts now.

On a plus I had an extra two hours work in my second job today, so £20 was earned which I have put aside for the relaxation class I will be doing twice a month with the Boy.

Tomorrow is my full on day, four hours in my second job, then six hours in my normal one. Basically out the house from 9am until 10pm with an hour between. It's tiring, but the mortgage needs paying.

I had the second third of the front room plastered today and my sister got me a massive tub of paint for my birthday, so next week we will be painting. Going to get the last third plastered next month so the debt busting is not going to be as good as it has been.

Anyway off to bed now I am cold and in pain.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Hope you're feeling better soon.

And although plastering costs, painting yourself will save a heap!
  • Drawingaline
    So yesterday and today have been no spend days. The Boy almost spoilt it by asking to go to the local teen swim evening, but the pool is shut so money saved :rotfl:

Easy tea tonight, am planning on making something from the wagamamas cookbook tomorrow though, so will need to pop out and grab a couple of fresh ingredients, but should be under £3.

Been sorting my categories out on YNAB. I have two accounts, basically the joint account and my sole account. Have been getting confused as to what category is in which account so moved them all around a bit. Also sorted my holiday account into holiday and emergency fund. So my emergency fund has £500 in it, and have the money for the rest of the plastering which should be completed next month.

I used a bit of my entertainment category to make a payment to my credit card. I had been so good and not used it for three months and then the week after Xmas I managed to spend £200 on it :( so m slowly making small payments to it and haven't really put it on my debt total. Rather annoyed at myself about it tbh.

Anyway no plans for the weekend, might try and start the painting, need to find out how much is on my b&q voucher (I buy them at a discount through a works scheme) as I need a new paintbrush and mixing bucket. Just doing the mist coat in white atm, so need some tester pots to chose a colour, me and the oh are not agreeing atm :rotfl:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    So no painting happened yesterday, oh was complaining of a headache and i seem to have finally succumbed to the awful cold everyone else has had. I did go and get some tester pots of boring colours to try in the front room (still no agreement between me and oh :rotfl:) so will get cracking next week.

£7 odd spent in supermarket for bits for tea. And £3 odd in boots for medicine for me, so nsd didn't happen :(

I am feeling a bit better today, but the tooth I had work on is niggling and it is so so cold outside I think a pj day will be happening. Got stuff out of the freezer for tea, having a fry up, may see if the Girl will pop out and grab a pack of mushrooms, but I am the only one who will eat them......Decisions!

So lazy day before a full on week, I WILL be painting tomorrow before work, no excuses........
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • How'd the painting go? Feeling better today I hope?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure