QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?

Comments

• I have spoken to them. It is a 'system error', according to the person I spoke to
  • tankmc
    tankmc Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have spoken to them on the phone and they claim it is a 'system error'

They really need to send a email and FAST then stating that.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    I have spoken to them on the phone and they claim it is a 'system error'

A strange 'system error' that apparently lets them hold details of people (like MarleyBoy on a previous post) who have never had any dealings with them.
  • iolanthe07 wrote: »
    I'm feeling lonely and abandoned. I did not have an e-mail from them this morning. Is it something that even my best friend won't tell me?
    Glad it's not just me. This is for everyone who didn't get the e-mail. :grouphug:
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • they said to make a complaint if I so desired which I did. Here it is

DearSirs,

I wish to make a formal complaintconcerning an e-mail I received from yourselves this morning. In thee-mail(which I am happy to provide should you require it) it stated that 'Unless payment is made on your loan by 2August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency'. However,the actual amount was stated as owed by the e-mail is n’/a’ which I assumedmeans not applicable (i.e, I do not have an outstanding balance). I thereforecontacted your collection team who confirmed that I did not have any suchoutstanding balance and the e-mail was as a result of a ‘system error’. Firstly,at the present time, there is currently no explanation or apology available onyour website concerning the error which has meant that I have had to use my owntime and expense in investigating a situation which has been wholly caused byyour mistake. In addition, I do notunderstand how it is possible for the e-mail to have been sent without any humanintervention.

However, itconcerns me more that your company can make such a mistake concerning the statusof my account and it leaves me unsure as to wherever I can have confidence inusing your services in the future. Asyou can no doubt understand, this e-mail has caused me a significant amount ofstress and the lack of a public acknowledgement of it leads me to believe thatthe company does not want to take reasonability for their actions. In summary,I would like a full explanation of how this situation arose and how the companycan deem it acceptable for it to have transpired.

I lookforward to your response

AlexWilliamson
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I haven't got one.

Now, most of you, and there are many, have had nothing to do with these people. They now say it was a system error, so how did they have all of your email addresses?

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • That's irrelevant Candy - this is a !!!! up.

I've just forwarded this and a copy of the email on to the Sun for sh*ts and giggles, let's see what they'll make of it!
  • tankmc
    tankmc Posts: 7 Forumite
    gb12345 wrote: »
    A strange 'system error' that apparently lets them hold details of people (like MarleyBoy on a previous post) who have never had any dealings with them.

As i have said they own other companies such as Pounds to Pocket, they may have had a loan with them. Even applying for a loan, once they have your email its with them for life.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Several threads on same topic now merged.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2013 at 11:52AM
    "Consumers have been bombarded with emails from QuickQuid about outstanding debt, despite never having taken out a loan..."
    Read the full story:

Warning: Ignore emails from 'QuickQuid' demanding non-existent debts

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure