Moving house soon - Any advice re - Metering

Mr_Proctalgia
Mr_Proctalgia Posts: 967 Forumite
I have finally sold my money pit and should be moving out next month into a much smaller property. I have been researching on the net as I will be alone and not using anywhere near as much gas and leccy as I currently do (No CH for starters) The same results for my guestimated usage keep coming up - I.E. Ebico and I must admit I do like the thought of their ethics.

I currently have a combined online, economy 7 tariff from powergen and a comparison between potential bills shows a difference of £150 pa!..... But the new house still has a card meter for the electric and I really would like to have a two rate credit meter and teleswitch installed. How would I go about this, transfer to Ebico and then get them to change the meter, stay with powergen for the move, get them to swap the meter - They like me and would be happy to do that as I'm a "Good Customer" then swap to Ebico, or, is their another route I have missed. Any help or pointers appreciated.

TIA.
The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...

Comments

• suffolkb
    suffolkb Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Take a reading of your existing meter (better still a photo) before you move.
    In one flat,I had the old fashioned meter with the big clock-dials.The meter reader read the 10,000 unit one incorrectly and I got a massive final bill.Sorted out eventually,but I had trouble getting electricity in new flat as they said I hadn`t paid my old bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure