Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2017 at 11:23AM
    Options
    armistice wrote: »
    The android app also allows fingerprint access (I have android and have used this since i joined on June.)

Not on my Android phone it doesn't.

Screenshot_20170821-111456.png
    ====
  • armistice
    armistice Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2017 at 11:41AM
    Options
    If you turn off, 'application passcode' you will find that you can then use fingerprint auth.

see here: https://community.starlingbank.com/t/android-fingerprint-login/566
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    armistice wrote: »
    If you turn off, 'application passcode' you will find that you can then use fingerprint auth.

see here: https://community.starlingbank.com/t/android-fingerprint-login/566

Thanks, that's bizarrely counterintuitive, I presume it postdates when I asked Starling and was told it was still a forthcoming feature. You'd expect it would be enabled in the same rational way the iOS version is.

IMG_0177.jpg
    ====
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    The starling bank app has everything but the kitchen sink in it, all the bells and whistles, but can't tell you what your balance was last week, or the day before. Contacted support they advised to wait until the end of the month and download a statement.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On my S8 it reverts to fingerprint thanks for that
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    On my S8 it reverts to fingerprint thanks for that

So presumably a fair bit of the problematic overdraft is due to running a £700 phone?
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    Options
    Signed up in the iOS app.

Downloaded app, entered mobile phone number and then the verification code sent to me in an SMS message. The the usual permission for notifications etc., and fingerprint ID. Then advised that a code would be sent to me in 5 days but it arrived next day in an SMS message. Entered email address and verified it from an email, then came address, made a video for ID and photographed my passport both done within the app. And all done.

It probably took less of my actual time than writing this post took. But again I say, why can't they do electronic ID like most other banks and credit card lenders? So not exactly "everything but the kitchen sink".
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Big news from Starling today.

Android users can now add their Starling card to Android Pay.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    Options
    Update:

I got an overdraft facility which appeared in the app yesterday. Accepting it was just a matter of touching the Accept button in the app. Starling's blurb states that they check a CRA and will offer an overdraft if they can. But too early for the search to appear in any CRA yet so I don't know which CRA they searched.

My only question is related to the virtual card. It looks like it is the same card details as the physical card but I don't really know because there are no details of the virtual card in the app except for the last four digits of the card number. Good to be able to add the virtual card to Apple Pay with the touch of a button but there is nothing else that it can be used for that I can see.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Update:

I got an overdraft facility which appeared in the app yesterday. Accepting it was just a matter of touching the Accept button in the app. Starling's blurb states that they check a CRA and will offer an overdraft if they can. But too early for the search to appear in any CRA yet so I don't know which CRA they searched.

My only question is related to the virtual card. It looks like it is the same card details as the physical card but I don't really know because there are no details of the virtual card in the app except for the last four digits of the card number. Good to be able to add the virtual card to Apple Pay with the touch of a button but there is nothing else that it can be used for that I can see.

They search CallCredit.

The full card number shows up once you recieve and activate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure