MSE News: Banks put PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Comments

• debt55
    debt55 Posts: 250 Forumite
    Excellent work, once again...

Are you planning to have a discussion with Mr Delme Griffiths... not that he does not know his job, but you obviously have a lot more hands on experience in day to day dealings with the BBA members - the lenders - and may be in a position to give a good steer on certain situations.

Keep it up, we need more people from a professional, and full time, capacity to come on these boards.

Martin and co, make far more money on breakfast TV to be bothered with this kind of stuff... allegedley!
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    debt55 wrote: »

Martin and co, make far more money on breakfast TV to be bothered with this kind of stuff... allegedley!

You're forgetting that he could be bothered to give evidence before the Commons Treasury Select Committee for nothing - which I suspect is more than the ''professional'' BigDog will manage to achieve.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/208764/US-results-raise-hopes-for-British-banks

THE banking sector takes centre stage this week, as trading updates provide a third-quarter health check on a host of Britain’s biggest companies.

SURPRISINGLY good results from US banks as a result of sharply lower losses on bad debt have raised hopes of a robust quarter for British lenders.
    But recent rules forcing banks to put aside more cash in reserve have raised the issue of capital requirements

The cost of claims over the mis-selling of payment protection insurance (PPI) will be another talking point when Lloyds Group – thought to be the most exposed to PPI – updates tomorrow
  • Thank you TBD for your extremely interesting and understandable post. Its so nice to read something that is actually readable and not full of gobbldegook wordage. Delmes CV is very very impressive too.......
  • You're forgetting that he could be bothered to give evidence before the Commons Treasury Select Committee for nothing -

I listened to Martins impassioned response to all questions thrown at him and he has done more for us lot than any one else I can think of. His silence on this latest round of events worries me a little though. One cant be champion and not tell anyone what you are doing! Its not a secret.
  • You're forgetting that he could be bothered to give evidence before the Commons Treasury Select Committee for nothing -

I listened to Martins impassioned response to all questions thrown at him and he has done more for us lot than any one else I can think of. His silence on this latest round of events worries me a little though. One cant be champion and not tell anyone what you are doing! Its not a secret.
    Perhaps Martin, like many many others, senses a stitch up is on the cards. The underlying law IMO is now largely irrelevant where public and policy considerations are at stake. All it takes is a one-eyed Judge and it really is game over. Can we really rely on the Judiciary to be neutral?
  • debt55
    Sampras wrote: »
    Perhaps Martin, like many many others, senses a stitch up is on the cards. The underlying law IMO is now largely irrelevant where public and policy considerations are at stake. All it takes is a one-eyed Judge and it really is game over. Can we really rely on the Judiciary to be neutral?

All the more need for LOUD noise NOW, not after the event!
  • Remember remember the 25th of november! 2009. "Millions of bank customers hoping to be refunded overdraft charges have been dealt a major blow by a Supreme Court judgement." maybe Martin fears as i do another major bent judgement on this ppi matter! Even though it looks like the bba dont have a pray! "the old boys club" will no doubt make another complete mockery of the british law system! and pull a few strings for the fat cats! I have no faith what so ever in justice winning through here! its sickening that we think we live in a fair country! we do not!
  • debt55
    petecorfu wrote: »
    Remember remember the 25th of november! 2009. "Millions of bank customers hoping to be refunded overdraft charges have been dealt a major blow by a Supreme Court judgement." maybe Martin fears as i do another major bent judgement on this ppi matter! Even though it looks like the bba dont have a pray! "the old boys club" will no doubt make another complete mockery of the british law system! and pull a few strings for the fat cats! I have no faith what so ever in justice winning through here! its sickening that we think we live in a fair country! we do not!

that is the fear, and if mr lewis and co do not make loud noises now to let "them" know we are watching this time...

what chance do we have?
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    debt55 wrote: »
    that is the fear, and if mr lewis and co do not make loud noises now to let "them" know we are watching this time...

what chance do we have?

This is truly desperate.

If you really believe that the court has struck some kind of corrupt deal with banks and that somehow Mr Lewis should and could morph into the Caped Crusader and save the world from this imaginary evil then perhaps you'd feel more at home here http://www.elvis-is-alive.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure