Voucher Scam

Spectralis
Spectralis Posts: 63 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 March 2019 at 10:23PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I signed up for Vodafone broadband via MSE about a year ago. The offer included a £50 Amazon voucher. A year later I still haven't received it despite contacting broadbandchoices.co.uk who claimed that when I applied the voucher offer "did not track" whatever that means. They then allegedly referred my claim to Vodafone. A month ago I was contacted by a "campaign adviser" using the email _._@awin.com who requested the order reference and the first 3 months bills. I sent that info but I've heard nothing since.

I am SICK, SICK, SICK of this! It is absolutely disgraceful that MSE advertises these offers that are not honoured. I've tried to resolve the problem but instead I'm sent round the internet to different companies who seem completely unaccountable.

Honestly, I really don't know how MSE can claim to defend our consumer rights when it promotes these dishonest offers. I'm sick of these companies passing the buck. Never mind the problems with social media, we need to sort out this wild-west attitude to consumers on the internet that ALL companies seem to share.

Comments

• I've not received any email at all...have you had any response from the page yet?
  • Me, too.
    This is breach of contract as the voucher becomes an integral part of the contract. It is an inducement to enter into the contract and as such is legally binding. The trouble is that if us small-fry customers unilaterally end our contracts the big-boys are more likely to win.
    Should Off-Com be informed? or trading standards? or take these big companies to Small Claims Court?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure