Accessing bank account

Hi guys, I just have a quick question. I was declared bankrupt the beginning or last week after unsuccessfully trying to sort things out....massive relief now. I have one slight problem since declaring my bank account to the examiners I noticed this morning that a payment of Carer’s allowance has been paid into it (I have sorted future payments out this morning). The account is still not frozen but I am unsure about taking the money out. I have tried contacting the receiver by phone and email but had nothing back as of yet and I am concerned about it being frozen before I am told what I can and can’t do.

Anyone had any experience of this or can offer advice?

Thank you

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If the account has your usual money for living costs in it - its fine to take it out and use it for that purpose. I would move it as quickly as possible as the account will probably be frozen or closed by the bank pretty soon.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Is this a basic bank account? Not all banks freeze your account some are B.R friendly,,Barclays Coop Nationwide.
    The Halifax are really against B.R
  • Thanks guys I have transferred it out now to be safe. The account will be frozen as there is an overdraft facility on there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure