IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Waiting PCN private area help needed on popla appeal

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I suppose it could be used as an example of what NOT to do...

Hmmm. I don't think even Delia Smith could cook a goose that well. :)

You're going to have to pen your POPLA appeal well away from any of those circumstances, concentrating on the prohibitive nature of the signage - do you have your own detailed (legible small print) photos of the signage? If not, please get some, but park somewhere much safer!

Load as much into the appeal as you can muster and hope PW find it too much to deal with.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    JeffBezos wrote: »
    - how long do I get to submit the appeal??!!
    The letter that supplied your PoPLA code tells you that.

Usually it says 28 days, but don't leave it later than thirty days.
  • KeithP
    edited 8 August 2018 at 1:51PM
    How can it be read without exposing it to possible cowboys out there?

It can't.

It doesn't matter if it is totally anonymous.

Stick it in a dropbox file and post a link.

Why are you deleting random posts... like the one I replied to in post #24?
  • KeithP
    Then if you won't make it anonymous then don't post it.

Your choice - get the benefit of peer review or not.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    At over 6,200 words and 18 pages long, it has the potential to dissuade a PPC from trying to produce evidence to deal with it. There again, they may just shove a similar copy and paste template back, but stretching to 40+ pages long. And sometimes they win. POPLA is becoming far less predictable these days, where in the past we could say, yep, that will win, more recently it has become much closer to a 'lap of the Gods' scenario.

Have you drowned the critical point(s) in the mass of copy and paste verbiage? Here's a salutary lesson from betman's 29-page losing POPLA appeal (reported just today), where at least one critical point seems to have been lost in the crap, and the case failing in the process. And that was a Park Watch case too. Learn something from it.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5852303&page=3

Most regulars (and you can count the number prepared to fully evaluate POPLA appeals on the fingers of one hand) are pretty much brain-dead from the expectation that three or four times a day, almost every day, for the past 5 years we are being expected to plough through university-sized theses, looking to spot errors of copying and pasting or out of date arguments which make the poster more, rather than less, vulnerable to an unfavourable adjudication.

If you're happy with it, go with it. There are sufficient examples of what wins and what loses littered through the stickies and the general threads.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Please can someone help.

Popla appeal stage, park watch.

There is forbidding signage where I parked (ie no Parking / No waiting / yellow lines any time etc) (its not a car park)
    How does this differ to the beavis case - that I can use please?

Also there are yellow road markings / double yellows etc throughout the site that have been there for years. Does that count on PRIVATE land and do I need to mention that in case PW use it?

(one could previously load from a shop in the area despite the lines, but now anpr cameras catch unsuspecting drivers who think the shop is still there)

(I didn't even know what 'forbidding signage was till a few days ago, or beavis, I need advice)

Many, many thanks!
  • KeithP
    Please can someone help.
    I'd be surprised if anyone can.

You have deleted every one of your posts from this thread so there is nothing left for us to help you with.

Good luck.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Show us your draft appeal stop being scared of that little PPC.

Search the forum for ParkWatch POPLA to read shedloads of examples, all won already at POPLA, and everyone shows their draft first!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Show us your draft appeal...
    It was posted here briefly, but anyone who blinked, or went on holiday, will have missed it. ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hmmm so we can't guess unless he re-posts it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure