Aldermore timescales

Hi all,

Has any one recently applied with Aldermore and can provide we with rough timescales please.

Aip 22/06
Offer made and accepted 27/06
Full application 04/07.

Used Aldermore due to my poor credit file after a lot of research they were the best fit for my situation.
Thanks

Comments

• FTB0101
    FTB0101 Posts: 14 Forumite
    To add the aip/dip was offered straight away no referral.
  • FTB0101
    Any one had recent dealing g with Aldermore that give me rough timescales
  • FTB0101
    Good update today,

Extra info asked for and valuation booked
  • Jobyjo
    Jobyjo Posts: 9 Forumite
    how have you found Aldermore? We are struggling to sort a mortgage on help to buy and are considering Aldermore as our mortgage broker is struggling due to my poor credit. My partner has 3 points off the top of excellent and I’m in the “poor” region after a bad spell a few years back. We have the deposit struggling to find the mortgage. :(
  • FTB0101
    I'm using them do to my credit file.

6+ defaults all over 5 years and due to drop off next year.

Imo they have been quick. I think it's more down to getting a broker that has dealt with them or adverse credit before.
    They haven't asked for anything to extreme. Just things like bank statments, proof of deposit and wage slips.

We will be paying alot more for using them. But in hindsight this will only before 2 years then we should be able to go the a high street lender.

Hope this helps
  • Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Both,

We used Aldermore on a Help to buy and to be fair they were really good (just shy of 3 weeks total turnaround). We complete next month and have received our offer.

My wife has perfect credit and I had one 5 1/2 year old default that was settled for £40.00 No other adverse credit and all payments on time. I truly believe that we could have got a high-street lender but I think our adviser was a bit lazy. We weren't fussed about paying a couple of hundred pound more a month for two years as we really wanted the house and will be able to get a much better deal when we remortgage in 2 years.

All in all we have no problems with Aldermore and probably would have received our offer a week earlier if the mortgage advisers were a bit more proactive.
  • FTB0101
    Additional information provided, valuation completed today.
    Just have to wait now for the outcome. The wait is killing I just want an answer
  • Hi

Did you get an answer? I am still awaiting file with underwriter all paperwork was submitted 7-8 days ago and they asked for additions which was provided.
  • FTB0101
    Daani35 wrote: »
    Hi

Did you get an answer? I am still awaiting file with underwriter all paperwork was submitted 7-8 days ago and they asked for additions which was provided.

We had an update from the MA yesterday. All additional information was sent to them on the 10th, They are about 7 days behind on paperwork. Luckily for us the Valuation came in as they were reviewing. They have asked for a few more bits but personal to us I feel. Once these they should offer.

Hope this helps.
  • FTB0101
    Had some amazing news this morning, Aldermore provided me with my mortgage offer.

took a little over 5 weeks from AIP to full offer.

Happy to take PM's if any wants any advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport