Together Energy?

Comments

• Allots
    Allots Posts: 62 Forumite
    I‘ve had the mispleasure of being a TE customer for 9 months now. No end of problems. No invoice for 3 1/2 months. They keep asking for readings and promise a bill 28 days thereafter, nothing happens. Cancelled the DDM and will settle on receipt of each bill. The positive reviews must be fictitious! Their customer service cannot possibly be so good for some and non existent for others, suspect their staff are providing the positive reviews for each other. Their system cannot generate invoices, I understand that it’s all done manually!

How they remain in business is a mystery to me. Cannot wait to move away from this outfit!
  • I have today received my final complaint resolution letter from TE, dated 8th August 2018. Their offer is to return me back to E.ON plus £50 compensation. They think this is fair.

My additional costs with E.ON will be approximately £600!

Off to the Ombudsman now.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I had an email from the Ombudsman on 1st August which stated "[FONT=&quot]Together Energy has confirmed that it has now completed the remedy actions in full.[/FONT] ... [FONT=&quot]If, after allowing 14 days, you believe that the resolution has not been completed as detailed below then please contact us [/FONT]"

Surprise surprise, after 14 days, still no sign of any of the resolutions! 3 different reolutions (letter of apology, direct payment to my bank account and credit to my TE account).

For all 3 resolutions to be missing, they clearly haven't done them, despite what they've told the ombudsman!

I've referred it back to the ombudsman and am waiting for a response.

In addition, on 3rd August, I had a response from TE (wow!) to my complaint about continuing to take the DD while I wasn't a customer in which they also went on to say: "[FONT=&quot]I can confirm we have received your final meter readings and I have passed these across to the billing department in order for them to generate the final bill. It can take up to 7 days for this to generated, once I receive the bill I will forward this straight to you.[/FONT]".

Guess what? Still no final bill!

Together Energy is absolute proof to me that regulation in this industry is failing. If the private sector cannot be trusted to do better than this, then its time the industry was renationalised!
  • I wonder what conditions these new Ltd (ie private) businesses have to comply with to get a licence to retail energy.

Seems that needs a overhaul too.
  • ploddo
    ploddo Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have recently left Together after almost a year of shambles.

At first I had several bills on my online account, these then disappeared while they 'upgraded' their billing system. Next bill I got was for the whole of the previous 6 months, this was at the end of December 2017. I have not had a bill since. I didn't bother to argue with them as this had proved nigh on impossible before, I just kept submitting my meter readings, calculating the bill myself to make sure I wasn't in credit and then changed supplier at the earliest possible time without having to pay the £30(?). I left the direct debit for a further month as I knew I owed money then cancelled it. The only thing I received from them in the months since Christmas was a notification that they would increase my direct debit (which never happened) and a notice to say that the direct debit has been cancelled. That's it. Still waiting for the final bill................
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    ploddo wrote: »
    I have recently left Together after almost a year of shambles.

At first I had several bills on my online account, these then disappeared while they 'upgraded' their billing system. Next bill I got was for the whole of the previous 6 months, this was at the end of December 2017. I have not had a bill since. I didn't bother to argue with them as this had proved nigh on impossible before, I just kept submitting my meter readings, calculating the bill myself to make sure I wasn't in credit and then changed supplier at the earliest possible time without having to pay the £30(?). I left the direct debit for a further month as I knew I owed money then cancelled it. The only thing I received from them in the months since Christmas was a notification that they would increase my direct debit (which never happened) and a notice to say that the direct debit has been cancelled. That's it. Still waiting for the final bill................

Well I am on the way out, let's hope I can transfer to Bulb without any mishaps, supposed to be happening in a couple of days and I've already given Bulb my opening reads.

The only surprising thing is that Together HAVEN'T been banned from taking on new customers yet, surely OFGEM must have got wind of them by now?
  • Has anyone else managed to get their Ombudsman case against TE enforced? I won mine, but TE made up an invoice with the relevant credit, sent it to the Ombudsman (not me...) and they closed the case. In the meantime I have received (via the portal) a few garbage bills, without an accurate single accurate reading and no £60 credit. But the Ombudsman says that the case is closed, despite my plea that I would settle for just a single correct bill.

I've switched away to a different supplier but when I left I was in a lot of credit, plus they owe me the Ombudsman compensation. How can I get a final bill from them? The Ombudsman is pointless. Happy to go the small claims route but can a judge really compel them to send me an accurate bill?

What a total waste of everyone's time.
  • Fromply
    That's shocking, but not surprising! How long ago did the Ombudsman rule in your favour?

You could calculate your final bill yourself to know what to take them to the small claims court for.
  • Fromply
    Is anyone from Moneysavingexpert staff following this thread?
  • As I have already started my switch away and TE already owe me about £150 after putting up my DD.... I'm worried by the comments above and I think I should cancel my DD before they take another payment .... I think they should still be able to repay into my bank.. is that correct?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure