bankruptcy iva

2»

Comments

• bewildered1
    bewildered1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Your IPA ran out on the 15th March 2018. The OR won't take money from you that you've earned beyond that date.

However, and this is where I think you might have a problem. You've admitted here that your income has risen during the time of your IPA. That extra income does not belong to you. Officially it belongs to the OR and they decide how much of it, if any, you get to keep. There are circumstances that they may allow you to keep some of the money but school trips etc are very unlikely to be accepted.

It sounds like they suspect you have had an increase in income and want to check your statements with a view to asking you to hand over that money.

The only way I can see you not having to give it to them is if you can demonstrate that your living expenses have risen thus negating the extra income. And even then it's down to the OR to decide if those expenses are reasonable.

I'm not sure what the consequences are of not informing the OR of your change in circumstances and then spending that extra income without permission.
  • I'd just like to add to this that after speaking to the OR everything was sorted out very easily and really i was worrying about nothing, although the actual firm collecting money may push you and remind you of those debt collectors ! The OR is there to help you. Just wanted to say this in case anybody was worried about contacting the OR.
    Also thanks for all you guys and girls help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure