Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tee Maynott
    • By Tee Maynott 8th Aug 18, 11:25 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tee Maynott
    Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition great buy
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:25 AM
    Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition great buy 8th Aug 18 at 11:25 AM
    As title, the Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition is currently on offer at Amazon.com, the USA Amazon website, with delivery available to the UK.
    In my case this, together with Amazon's customs deposit fee, came to just under 150 - which is nearly 60 cheaper than buying from Amazon UK.

This makes this 3DS XL almost as cheap as the new 2DS XL for (in the opinion of the knowledgeable gamer in the family) a better console.
Page 1
    • Lumstorm
    • By Lumstorm 9th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Lumstorm
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    As title, the Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition is currently on offer at Amazon.com, the USA Amazon website, with delivery available to the UK.
    In my case this, together with Amazon's customs deposit fee, came to just under 150 - which is nearly 60 cheaper than buying from Amazon UK.

This makes this 3DS XL almost as cheap as the new 2DS XL for (in the opinion of the knowledgeable gamer in the family) a better console.
    Originally posted by Tee Maynott
    A good deal maybe but please remember that the 3DS is region coded so you will have to import the games for it as well as games sold in the UK won't work. Also buying on the eshop requires your postcode for credit card billing so when it asks location say your in Canada then your postcode will be accepted as they use the same format as us.
    Last edited by Lumstorm; 09-08-2018 at 4:08 PM.
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 10th Aug 18, 12:45 AM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 1,658 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:45 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:45 AM
    A good deal maybe but please remember that the 3DS is region coded so you will have to import the games for it as well as games sold in the UK won't work. Also buying on the eshop requires your postcode for credit card billing so when it asks location say your in Canada then your postcode will be accepted as they use the same format as us.
    Originally posted by Lumstorm
    This is a good point and makes it not that great a deal which is frustrating when previous handheld units were not region locked.

John
    • Lumstorm
    • By Lumstorm 10th Aug 18, 3:12 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Lumstorm
    • 10th Aug 18, 3:12 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 3:12 AM
    This is a good point and makes it not that great a deal which is frustrating when previous handheld units were not region locked.

John
    Originally posted by Johnmcl7
    Yes the region coding is a pain generally I wouldn't recommend importing consoles, although I myself have imported some of my consoles from North America and Japan but I'm aware of what I'm buying and the restrictions but too many see a deal and don't know the full details then find out too late when they either damage the machine connecting it to our mains supply or buy a game and wonder why it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Lumstorm; 10-08-2018 at 3:15 AM.
    • Ljno
    • By Ljno 10th Aug 18, 8:03 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ljno
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:03 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:03 AM
    How much is it?
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 10th Aug 18, 8:49 AM
    • 3,752 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:49 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:49 AM
    ^^ Really ???
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,814Posts Today

6,594Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin