Payment

TeachersPet74
TeachersPet74 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 7 August 2018 at 6:49PM in Child support
Hi,
I currently pay CM for my 17 year old daughter. I!!!8217;ve had no contact with her since she walked out just over two years ago (a teenage tantrum). I understand she is going to university in September and wondered if anyone knows what happens about CM. It is heartbreaking paying it knowing that her Father will not be spending it on her. I have paid without fuss despite the pittance he begrudgingly paid me for 8 years but I absolutely do not want to give him a penny more than I need to.

Many thanks

Comments

• WYSPECIAL
    WYSPECIAL Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On what basis do you pay?

Assume if going to uni this year she will be 18 next few weeks? If your paying via CMS case will end first Monday in September which this year is the 3rd
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,
    I currently pay CM for my 17 year old daughter. I!!!8217;ve had no contact with her since she walked out just over two years ago (a teenage tantrum). I understand she is going to university in September and wondered if anyone knows what happens about CM. It is heartbreaking paying it knowing that her Father will not be spending it on her. I have paid without fuss despite the pittance he begrudgingly paid me for 8 years but I absolutely do not want to give him a penny more than I need to.

Many thanks

Im confused - you don't see your daughter, so presumably she lives with him full time.

So he must provide food, clothes, utilities, a home? So how can you say he's not spending it on her?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure