Credit Card A/c: getting MY money out

I have just been given an £800+ refund to my Sainsbury's c/card following a successful Section 75 claim. :)

I rarely use this card at present, though will do so again once my interest-free period on another ends in September, so I don't want to close the account. Equally, I generally spend little on credit, so this refund is going to last months!

However, I want to get that credit out and into use in my bank account. How can I do that?
If I simply withdraw it via an ATM, I'm told I will be charged interest - daft, as it's my money!

Is there another way to draw this money out? Help please!!:o

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Phone them and ask for the balance to be paid to your bank account.
  • madvicker
    madvicker Posts: 157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just call them and ask for the account credit to be refunded.
  • Thanks to both you and Noh who gave the same advice to phone to request a withdrawal.

I was on the phone to them when they said the money had to go into the C/C account. What they didn't say was that I could then request a withdrawal!!

VERY unhelpful.....but my thanks to the MSE Forum team!!:beer:
  • sorry, I have nothing to add, I have just joined this forum and wondered if anyone could advise me of how I start a new thread, I cant see a 'new' or 'compose' tab . . . ???
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    s724453 wrote: »
    sorry, I have nothing to add, I have just joined this forum and wondered if anyone could advise me of how I start a new thread, I cant see a 'new' or 'compose' tab . . . ???
    Top left corner of the list of threads there is a button that says "New Thread". :)

Welcome to the forum.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family