PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?

Comments

• I would definitely not recommend using printerpix for calendars. I bought 2 vouchers for calendars through group on and am still waiting to receive my 1st order which is over 6 weeks ago. As a company they do not reply to emails I have sent enquirying about my order and when you try to phone them you are kepton hold for ages. It took me 30 mins to speak to an adviser over a week ago who told me I would get my calendar in 3 working days and still it hasnt arrived. I will never use this company again. I will definitely stick with photobox in the future as their quality is excellent and has great customer service.
  • I am in the same boat, and have been waiting for my order exactly 2MONTHS! today, so i have just sent them an email saying if its not here by Saturday, I will look at contacting Trading Standards.

I have made numourous calls and emails, been given every excuse under the sun and if they were telling the truth, i would have received about 6 photobooks now for the amount of times it had apparently been dispatched or re-printed

I just cant believe they are actually still trading!!
  • nancmat
    nancmat Posts: 837 Forumite
    Ok so won't order from them, who is good for photo books? I saw a friend had created a beautiful one through mac book the other day but I don't have a mac computer.
    Received £2,626.00 in PPI -2013:j
    Received £1400 charges - 2006:j
  • Definitely avoid. They are useless.i used a grouoon voucher and placed an order for 3 photobooks on 5th October. I have called the thankfully freephone number on numerous occassions, emailed their customer sevices numerous times and eventually started posting on their facebook page to get their attention. I was refunded the extra money i paid to upgrade and order extra books but was promosed i would still get my books. But, to date, i still dont have them. They have alledgedly been dispatched but frankly i dont beleive a word their "customer service" people tell me. I have also complained to bbc's watchdog and would urge others to do the same. They are useless and they lie to get you off the phone. Def go elsewhere, vista print or photobox are good
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone have the freephone number? I've been chasing and chasing and the freephone number has been taken off their site and I can't find it on any of my old emails.

Hopefully someone would have kept it?
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • 74jax
    74jax wrote: »
    Does anyone have the freephone number? I've been chasing and chasing and the freephone number has been taken off their site and I can't find it on any of my old emails.

Hopefully someone would have kept it?

I've found it on an old invoice, for anyone else wanting it - 0800 2922452 and the wait time was 1 min. WHen I phoned the none freephone number the wait time was 52 mins :eek:
  • nancmat wrote: »
    Ok so won't order from them, who is good for photo books? I saw a friend had created a beautiful one through mac book the other day but I don't have a mac computer.

Have completed 2 different books through Photobox after I saw another friend had done similar! Excellent quality, customer service and great overall finish.
    Quit Smoking 12 years 2 months.
  • Those that are still waiting for an order go on the facebook page. I left a comment with out my order number and from the comment they have found my order details and I had an email from the person replying on facebook and some manager. I didn't get a totally generic email either as they mentioned I had already recieved one calender. On Facebook they have now put a different email address.
  • 74jax
    l0ubbl0u wrote: »
    Those that are still waiting for an order go on the facebook page. I left a comment with out my order number and from the comment they have found my order details and I had an email from the person replying on facebook and some manager. I didn't get a totally generic email either as they mentioned I had already recieved one calender. On Facebook they have now put a different email address.

I did that, a few weeks back, but received 2 emails :) one saying part of my order had been despatched and other saying nothing had been sent but I should have them by Friday, (Friday last week not yesterday :rotfl:)

Yesterday's call resulted in them saying they will do re-print (although he wasn't certain that the print run had already been done) and would refund my delivery as it was for a present on 1st November.

I'll be checking my bank statement next week :rotfl:
  • malb54321
    malb54321 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 November 2011 at 5:24PM
    Bought a deal through Groupon for £8. Website had the option to update to A4 size for an extra £5 so I thought I'd upgrade.

I spent hours over a couple of weeks making my book and for 2 days of that all my work disappeared to my major fustration. When I got to checkout they tried to charge me more than double. I tried the freephone number half a dozen times and was kept waiting from 16 to nearly 40 minutes on one occasion before it cut me off everytime. I eventually got through on their pay number to be told that the link I clicked didn't exsist and that I was making it up. They then told me if I wanted the book I would also have to pay VAT on top of the extra amount which was never mentioned on the deal to begin with.

My parner also bought one and did not go for an upgrade. They still charged more than just the delivery. The book was cheap and of extremely poor quality, not worth the dicounted price nevermind the original one.

I contacted Groupon who refunded without question as soon as I mentioned Printerpix. Draw your own conclusion from this.

Avoid these con artists at all costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport