Confused About Investment Choices

2»

Comments

• PixieFace
    PixieFace Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    A further confusion I have is regarding which platforms to use. If I am reading the above comments correctly, I should invest in the Vanguard Lifestrategy Fund via Vanguard Investor, but the LISA with Vanguard (or A.N.Other) via AJ Bell YouInvest. Is that because Vanguard does not offer a LISA?
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    PixieFace wrote: »
    A further confusion I have is regarding which platforms to use. If I am reading the above comments correctly, I should invest in the Vanguard Lifestrategy Fund via Vanguard Investor, but the LISA with Vanguard (or A.N.Other) via AJ Bell YouInvest. Is that because Vanguard does not offer a LISA?

That's correct, Vanguard do not offer a LISA.
  • Is a LISA wrapper worth investing in via a S&S ISA.
    25% bonus just seems to good to be true or am I missing something.
    I'm 35 so would be looking saving for retirement.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Is a LISA wrapper worth investing in via a S&S ISA.
    25% bonus just seems to good to be true or am I missing something.
    I'm 35 so would be looking saving for retirement.
    The 25% bonus is generally worth having, for anyone who's prepared to tie the money up long-term (no penalty-free withdrawal until 60 unless buying first property) and accept the small annual contribution limit of £4K (versus £20K for all other non-HTB ISAs).

LISA is technically a different type of ISA from a S&S ISA but comes in both cash and S&S forms (i.e. there's a difference between a S&S ISA and a S&S LISA), but S&S is undoubtedly better than cash for long-term holders.
  • eskbanker wrote: »
    The 25% bonus is generally worth having, for anyone who's prepared to tie the money up long-term (no penalty-free withdrawal until 60 unless buying first property) and accept the small annual contribution limit of £4K (versus £20K for all other non-HTB ISAs).

LISA is technically a different type of ISA from a S&S ISA but comes in both cash and S&S forms (i.e. there's a difference between a S&S ISA and a S&S LISA), but S&S is undoubtedly better than cash for long-term holders.

Thanks Eskbanker.
    Can you hold a S&S LISA and a regular S&S isa at same time?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks Eskbanker.
    Can you hold a S&S LISA and a regular S&S isa at same time?
    Yes, the rule is that it's only allowed to pay new money into one ISA of each type in any given tax year, so because S&S ISA and LISA are different types, it's permitted to pay into both.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure