Compensation due?

Comments

• Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does your husband earn £300 a day after tax? Do you earn more/less than your husband?

I'm curious, how much you charging for the 3 hours of nail/staple removal?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    Does your husband earn £300 a day after tax? Do you earn more/less than your husband?

I'm curious, how much you charging for the 3 hours of nail/staple removal?

Hubby earns about £26/hour and he would normally work a 10 hour day on that day.

Then £12/hr for 3 hours of labour to remove staples. Based on £100/day a local unskilled guy charges.

Hubby's holiday form hasn't actually been approved yet so we will cancel it and take it unpaid then we won't be a day short later in the year.

Thank you for your responses.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Hubby earns about £26/hour and he would normally work a 10 hour day on that day.

So £260 minus tax. Do you earn less than that? If yes why couldn't you have taken the day off instead?

Not being harsh here but if this went to court these are the kinds of questions you'll be asked. Although I do think you've got a claim you've a duty to mitigate your losses so if you do earn less than your husband this is a valid question.

You'll have a fight on your hands though, the company won't just hand this over. Depends if you've the appetite to take this to court over what will probably amount to about £170 at best.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

Then £12/hr for 3 hours of labour to remove staples. Based on £100/day a local unskilled guy charges.

So about £26 PH and normally 10 hours on that day Why that day what about other days? This won't work in court.

The court will want you husbands employer to give an exact figure on how much holiday pay he gets for a day.

You can't claim for your time, that's not a loss, remember it's about losses and mitigating them.

Tbh and I don't mean any disrespect but the majority , in fact all of the case you have except your husbands lost holiday will be pretty much laughed at.

Your only real hope is a decent good will gesture from the company.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 11 August 2018 at 9:45PM
    :rotfl:

If I take £200 from my ISA I cannot transfer it back in.

I guess the general consensus is that a company can give you a shoddy service causing a huge inconvenience but that is ok.

Ah well, will choose a company more carefully next time. One that actually gives a sh*t about their customers...

The company receipt says something about them not being happy until you are, which is so far from the truth it is laughable.

Don;t think anyone is saying its ok to give shoddy service and its ok to ask for £300 but if they have said no, you then have to be realistic in what you are asking for.

Your first post you want d to make sure you were correct in asking for compo and you have been advised its only actual losses that can be claimed.

Anything else is goodwill
  • pinkshoes
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    So £260 minus tax. Do you earn less than that? If yes why couldn't you have taken the day off instead?

The £26/hour is after tax according to an online calculator.

I earn much less but am a teacher so have fixed holidays and the only day they could return was one of my working days.

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The £26/hour is after tax according to an online calculator.

I earn much less but am a teacher so have fixed holidays and the only day they could return was one of my working days.

And does that tally with his pay slips?
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That equates to £73k pa on standard hours alone.
  • pinkshoes
    And does that tally with his pay slips?

Would have to check but I imagine so.

It has a monthly amount. He works flexi time but on that day of the week he banks 10 hours as it is the one day he doesn't need to help out with child activities.

The clocked hours data would show that he typically does 10 hours on this day.

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Would have to check but I imagine so.

It has a monthly amount. He works flexi time but on that day of the week he banks 10 hours as it is the one day he doesn't need to help out with child activities.

The clocked hours data would show that he typically does 10 hours on this day.

So long as holiday is paid at 10 hours a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure