changed mind

I ordered a new car which I saw today after waiting 7 weeks for it to arrive , so yes I like the car more or less same as what I have but with extra's ( have ford fiesta Zetec ) 9,000 mile on the clock from new .
Buying a fiesta Vignale but when seeing it today was not excited but already payed deposit weeks ago and signing papers today I thought I had to go though with it . collecting car tomorrow paying the balance .

anyone know what would happen if I said I don't want the car and keeping mine .

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pretty sure you will lose your deposit...
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Dobiesmon wrote: »
    I ordered a new car which I saw today after waiting 7 weeks for it to arrive , so yes I like the car more or less same as what I have but with extra's ( have ford fiesta Zetec ) 9,000 mile on the clock from new .
    Buying a fiesta Vignale but when seeing it today was not excited but already payed deposit weeks ago and signing papers today I thought I had to go though with it . collecting car tomorrow paying the balance .

anyone know what would happen if I said I don't want the car and keeping mine .

You will lose your deposit at very least.

In theory the car dealer could pursue you for any subsequent loses but thats very unlikely.

Next time think it through fully before wasting other peoples time, effort and money. You wouldnt like it done on you.
  • Just think I am nervous about it rather than excited .
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Dobiesmon wrote: »
    Just think I am nervous about it rather than excited .
    Why nervous? It's a car, not an exam :) Just a big lump of metal really.
  • Dobiesmon
    Dobiesmon Posts: 504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 October 2018 at 10:24PM
    Hi all
    Well fords service sucks big time had to ring and say need to come and collect new car as was agreed with salesman number plates just being put on when I got there had to wait around 2 hours for him to do some paperwork , I was asked to leave the car and come back 2 days later not an option as done car insurance , then as I paid some money in cash they would not except in so had to go to the bank pay it in and back to dealer to pay by card.so I left the dealer with the car only having a quick run though and to come in on the Sunday to sign paperwork he did not have ready .

so on Sunday I asked why the Diamond Brite had not be done he just said bring it back on Tuesday so I said I will wait for the car .I was told to write down anything I had problems with he would look at next week .
    not the service I except for a Vignale as stated in ads etc lol
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    You expect to get better treatment at a Ford dealership because of the trim level of the Fiesta you've bought?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    debtdebt wrote: »
    You expect to get better treatment at a Ford dealership because of the trim level of the Fiesta you've bought?

Well if it is done as advertised, yes, he does. Vignale customers are meant to get personalised treatment.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Buys Ford Fiesta - Wants Aston Martin service levels :rotfl:
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    bigisi wrote: »
    Buys Ford Fiesta - Wants Aston Martin service levels :rotfl: service level advertised

Fixed that for you. ;)
  • Mercdriver wrote: »
    Pretty sure you will lose your deposit...

Sounds second hand already.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport