Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Moonraker71
    Moonraker71 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Was told at end of today that mine won't be forthcoming on Monday after all (was originally told it would be today). It now won't be until Weds at the earliest due to an 'unprecedented backlog' at Natwest. :(((

If I do get it next Weds, that will have been 13 days between valuation and offer.
  • swanny78
    swanny78 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Was told at end of today that mine won't be forthcoming on Monday after all (was originally told it would be today). It now won't be until Weds at the earliest due to an 'unprecedented backlog' at Natwest. :(((

If I do get it next Weds, that will have been 13 days between valuation and offer.
    ouch, that's a while to wait. Im behind you in the Q to so I guess ill be a while too. Im waiting for valuation still.
  • mp29
    mp29 Posts: 24 Forumite
    I made my mortgage application about three weeks ago and received my written mortgage offer today! My solicitor should get her copy next week and then once the searches are back (that should also be next week) then the ball should start rolling very quickly!

Both my solicitor and my mortgage advisor at Nationwide have been absolutely brilliant, it has made it so much easier.
  • deus
    deus Posts: 148 Forumite
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have had their mortgage offers. I'm a FTB, AIP 13th July, house offer accepted 17th July. Full mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19th July. No word on survey yet.

Not yet instructed the solicitor. Also, our vendor doesn't yet have a house to go to. I don't want to be an over-enthusiastic FTB but I'm tempted to get solicitor started even though we don't have the mortgage offer yet and the vendors are still looking. Decisions :think:
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    deus wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have had their mortgage offers. I'm a FTB, AIP 13th July, house offer accepted 17th July. Full mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19th July. No word on survey yet.

Not yet instructed the solicitor. Also, our vendor doesn't yet have a house to go to. I don't want to be an over-enthusiastic FTB but I'm tempted to get solicitor started even though we don't have the mortgage offer yet and the vendors are still looking. Decisions :think:
    I would have advised you not to apply for the mortgage, nor paid any fees until your vendor had an onward purchase and the chain had formed up.

You are being a little unrealistic expecting confirmation of valuation the day after the application was submitted. The SLA between Countrywide and Nationwide is 48 hours.

You can safely instruct your solicitor at the point of agreeing the purchase. Simply ask them to do nothing until you confirm the purchase is proceeding by paying the search fees they normally request early on.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LealeaV
    LealeaV Posts: 82 Forumite
    So I'm currently in the same boat too... waiting, waiting and more waiting....

My timescale has been a little like this....

18th June - Application
    10th July - Valuation
    12th July - Valuation report received
    17th July - Told they have a 5 day backlog
    19th July - Asked for more docs and info to tie up a couple of loose ends.

So my plans this weekend is to get everything ready to send over to them on Monday! They want proof of deposit, a AST for my rental property and the number of years left on the lease!

I dont seem so anxious now that they have been in touch and asked for more info... but I know my nerves will shoot up once again, when I send over the docs and then have to wait for the final decision!!!

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting.... x
  • catflapuk
    catflapuk Posts: 60 Forumite
    I do understand you very well. Actually, there isn't that much to do when buying a house or an apartment but the stress and worry is doing my head in. It affects my sleep and my mood :o
  • peytonx
    peytonx Posts: 60 Forumite
    deus wrote: »

I am in almost in the exact same position as you. I am a FTB, AIP on 9th July, offer accepted 16th July anf full application to NatWest on 19th July.

Our vendors were told they would not be able to make an offer on other properties until an offer is accepted on theirs, which makes sense. I have appointed solicitors as NatWest needed their details for the application. My IFA advised them nit to carry out any searches until I had the offer subject to valuation, therefore I will not be paying any upfront fees only to be rejected at yhe first hurdle.
    FTB
    Offer Accpeted 16/07/2013 - Full Mortgage App 19/07/2013 - Valuation 05/08/2013 additional survey 13/08/2013 - Mortgage Offer 21/08/2013 Exchange & Completion 14/10/2013
  • peytonx
    peytonx Posts: 60 Forumite
    I've been told 'close of business' today for a final offer. Full application 10th June. Don't think I can bear to wait over the weekend... (Natwest).

Hi, who advised you of 7-10 days?

My full app went to NatWest at 5:30pm yesterday via my IFA and he reckons I will have a offer subject yo valuation by Wednesday. He also says the valuation would be completed about a week after NatWest instructs it which is in stark contrast of what I have read on here, with a thread detailing delays due to backlogs.
    I am started to question his experience with NatWest :(
    FTB
    Offer Accpeted 16/07/2013 - Full Mortgage App 19/07/2013 - Valuation 05/08/2013 additional survey 13/08/2013 - Mortgage Offer 21/08/2013 Exchange & Completion 14/10/2013
  • Moonraker71
    Moonraker71 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Hi peytonx, I had the offer subject to valuation some time ago, what I'm waiting for now is the final confirmation of the offer, in writing.

I think the valuation backlogs are only happening in certain parts of the county, particularly in London and the south east. I'm in Brighton. I was originally told it could take up to 6 weeks after full application before the valuation would be done but it turned out to be 3. But that was well over a week ago now, and I'm still waiting for the final offer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback