Need advice! Two speeding offences within two days!

Options

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doc2020 wrote: »
    I appreciate the advices! But again I want to know is there a chance I could even take the 49 on 40 penalty to court in the hope that I wouldn’t get 3 points for that or is that something unlikely to happen?

If you plead or are found guilty you will get 3 points. The court has no discretion in that.

If you are found not guilty you will get no points, but you haven't told us of any possible defence.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    OP - stop using exclamation marks, they're unnecessary!!!!!!!!!
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP - stop using exclamation marks, they're unnecessary!!!!!!!!!

OP, stop driving, you're unnecessary!!!!!
  • James1968
    James1968 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might have a very, very slim chance with the hand held speed gun, but you would need to get the officer using it and the exact gun used to clock you to appear in Court and demonstrate the accuracy of the device.

If the device shows any speed reading higher than 0mph when pointed at a wall, you walk free.
    The main question is, 'are you feeling lucky punk?, Well, are you?'.

Suck up the points and if you have relatives in Ireland, go get yourself an Irish licence. That way, you have a fall-back when you finally lose your UK one.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    James1968 wrote: »
    You might have a very, very slim chance with the hand held speed gun, but you would need to get the officer using it and the exact gun used to clock you to appear in Court and demonstrate the accuracy of the device.

If the device shows any speed reading higher than 0mph when pointed at a wall, you walk free.

Suck up the points and if you have relatives in Ireland, go get yourself an Irish licence. That way, you have a fall-back when you finally lose your UK one.

He would be disqualified from holding or obtaining a licence so can't get another and drive in the uk.

You'll also need an expert witness to disprove the certificated accuracy of the gun.

I take it your attempt to assist is born out of ignorance?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    Where did the offences take place? Have you taken a safety awareness course for speed in the last 3 years? Normally at that speed in England and Wales you would be offered one for one of the cases, which would leave you at 6 points. If you have not been offered one (though there is no obligation to) you could try a bemused call to the safety partnership and ask if there is a reason why one has not been offered, provided the offence was in England or Wales.

Your previous record is not taken into account. If you qualify and the offence is in England or Wales, then it will normally be offered to you.
  • Nathaniel_Essex
    Options
    I was annoyed at getting a ticket for doing 54 on the Dartford crossing which is a 50. Even then I simply paid the fine, How do you justify going 49 on a 40?
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    Go to court if you can afford David Beckham's lawyer
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    Options
    Its been 4 days since you started this thread....any more speeding fines or have you SLOWED !!! down !! Yet ?? !!

:)
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    James1968 wrote: »
    You might have a very, very slim chance with the hand held speed gun, but you would need to get the officer using it and the exact gun used to clock you to appear in Court and demonstrate the accuracy of the device. - pedantic I know, but actually the prosecution would need to do this

Obviously I agree the OP should accept the points as they've provided no actual reason for the offences
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure