Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello laydeez, lovely to "see" you :) Well, I'm still full of cold, even had to have a day off on Thursday :( I was also exhausted as DD and I got stuck up in London after going up to see a show, then being caught by the closure of Paddington due to the electric cable problem...…...We stayed in the world's most disgusting excuse for a hotel, and I paid £99 for the privilege!

KW is going to have a couple of days off this week, which is great news as he's also knackered, having worked 21 days in a row this month!! (He has 3 part-time jobs, one with fluctuating hours and as the previous month was light, he decided to take everything that was on offer....we were all in bed and asleep before 9pm last night, party animals eh?!?)

Our scrumptious kittens are growing like weeds and are soooooo cuddly it's not true. We are very smitten with them, and feel so lucky that we have such lovely brothers :)

My plans for half term are....to get ready for next term and hopefully catch up with a couple of friends. A week just isn't really long enough *sigh*
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Oh dear I am so sorry about the cold. Poor you being stuck - we heard about Paddington. Crumbs so much for you having fun! Yikes to the hotel bill.

Glad kittens are doing so well. I'm supposed to be working - all I have done so far is tidying. lol. I hope your week will get better.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    I'm still snotty and coughing, and can't go and see mummykins before her brought forward major operation on Wednesday, grrr! Understandably I'm in quarantine from her, as she is always susceptible to catching my colds.....

However, today, I have cuddled the kittens, finally done some tidying of carp in our bedroom, watched Poirot and an Agatha Christie and had a no spend day :):)

I've got my big to do list for next term, but CBA to do it yet....

I've managed to arrange for one friend to come over this week to meet the furry chaps. She has 2 brother kitties as well, but hers are not very cuddly, so she's in for a treat!
  • Hi Kittikins,

I hope your mum's operation goes smoothly tomorrow, though it sucks that you can't wish her good luck in person!! Still, a heavy cold AND recovering from an op isn't what she needs :D

Your kittens sound adorable! My fluffball seems to sadly be entering his teenage years where he's out all night and refuses all cuddles unless food is involved (or he's super sleepy!).

Hope you feel better soon, hugs xxx
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Kittikins
    Thank you pink x

Well, the operation went well, what didn't go well was the physios refusing to listen to my parents (who have gone through my mum breaking legs twice before...) and insisting that she get out of bed using one physio contraption, which my parents knew wasn't right for her..... my dad left the room for a few minutes whilst the physios carried on doing it their way....and my mum fell getting out of bed!!! :(

I don't yet know the results of the x-ray to see what damage, if any, has been done to the recently operated leg :(

You couldn't make it up.
  • Kittikins
    What was brought home to me over the past couple of days is that my dad can't cope with the housework and caring for my mum. KW, DD and I popped over to see the doggy on the day she had the op, and set to work scrubbing bathrooms, doing washing, hoovering, dusting and emptying bins. The house (5 bedrooms) is far too big for them, but as it's been in the family for generations, they refuse to downsize.

So, we've agreed that we're going to pop in more regularly and just do some cleaning, whether we're asked to or not!

My mum always bangs on about how she used to run the house, work full time and look after her own elderly parents and grandmother....but, that was nearly 40 years ago. She needs nearly constant care and company, as she's pretty frail on the outside (tough as old boots really :) ), so that, plus cooking and cleaning, gardening etc is obviously getting a bit too much for my daddykins.
  • Kittikins
    edited 26 October 2018 at 8:17AM
    And finally! WORK - I think I need to do one of my infamous lists:

1. Laminate letters and do scanning.
    2. Maths TRG - work out my action plan and write governor report.
    3. Finish English for next week.
    4. Write maths for next week
    5. Look through term folder and see what really MUST go in there.
    6. LOTS of work on Science for next term.
    7. LOTS of work on History for next term.
    8. LOTS of work on French for 2 classes next term.
    9. Work out timetable for my lovely TA to do interventions with specific children.
    10. Risk assessments for trip in December.
    11. Call venue to try and book in a trip in January/February.
    12. Read latest trendy behaviour management book and see what to apply/tweak to my teaching methods.
    13. Go into school and mark ALL the books that I couldn't face doing because of my stinking cold. Quite a few.....grrr
    14. Work out exactly what's expected of me for school to earn the primary mfl award

Phew! That should keep me busy for a wee while!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Looks v similar to my list. lol.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • I hope your mum is ok kittikins. I don't think they listen to patients or their relations in hospital. I had the same with my DF when he was in hospital the physios came and said he could walk up and down stairs so they were sending him home. They wouldn't listen to us when we told them he wasn't well enough and we refused to take him home. 3 hours later they came back and said the morning tests had shown up a kidney infection so he wouldn't be going home after all. The next day his kidneys, heart and liver were failing and they were preparing for intensive care. If we hadn't been there he would have been sent home probably to die in his bed :( Anyway thankfully he recovered and is now well and back to himself :)

How have you got on with your list ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Thankfully my mummykins didn't do more damage to her leg when she fell, but she's still in hospital until tomorrow at the earliest (was only supposed to be a one-night stay....which we all knew wouldn't be right!).

The list:

1. Laminate letters and do scanning. IN PROGRESS
    2. [STRIKE]Maths TRG - work out my action plan [/STRIKE]MOSTLY[STRIKE] and write governor report[/STRIKE]. WILL BE DOING IT ON INSET DAY WITH SLT
    3. Finish English for next week. DONE
    4. Write maths for next week
    [STRIKE]5. Look through term folder and see what really MUST go in there.[/STRIKE] DONE :)
    6. LOTS of work on Science for next term.
    7. LOTS of work on History for next term.
    8. LOTS of work on French for 2 classes next term.
    9. Work out timetable for my lovely TA to do interventions with specific children.
    10. Risk assessments for trip in December.
    11. Call venue to try and book in a trip in January/February.
    12. Read latest trendy behaviour management book and see what to apply/tweak to my teaching methods.
    13. Go into school and mark ALL the books that I couldn't face doing because of my stinking cold. Quite a few.....grrr MARKED MOST OF THEM, didn't realise I was quite so behind in every subject! Ah well....
    14. Work out exactly what's expected of me for school to earn the primary mfl award
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure