PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still off but I have spent the most relaxing couple of hours soaking up the warmth in my conservatory - bliss!

Olliebeak is right: the temperature plummets.as soon as Mr Golden Sun decides its bedtime.

Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    As we're aiming for a '1st Nov switch-on', I'm contemplating a trial-run tomorrow evening ................... I'd hate for 'The Big Day' to arrive and then find that there's some kind of problem with the timer, thermo or radiators - well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;) :rotfl:! At least, it'll give me a few days to get the Housing Association engineer out to make sure that it's fixed :j.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I can see my hopes of a 1st Nov flick-of-the-central-heating-switch being dashed: Sub-zero temperatures to bring end to warm UK autumn weather.

If there a silver lining to be had, its that I'm about GBP150 in credit with my supplier.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I switched the heating on just now. I hope it works!:D
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still aiming for a 1st November switch-on. It hasn't been too bad here yet. Or nothing that an extra jumper, or getting under a blanket on the settee wouldn't fix. :)
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • LadyhavershamLost
    Options
    After reading the eligibility criteria correctly I finally got round to applying for the Warm Home Discount via my energy supplier. Nothing to lose - and £140 on my electricity/gas meter if successful. Put application to the back of my mind - half expecting to have done it wrong or not be eligible.
    Well - much to my delight I was successful!

So that's a weight off my mind - bring on the cold!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    After reading the eligibility criteria correctly I finally got round to applying for the Warm Home Discount via my energy supplier. Nothing to lose - and £140 on my electricity/gas meter if successful. Put application to the back of my mind - half expecting to have done it wrong or not be eligible.

No thank you! But I'm happy that you won't have to think twice about heating your home.

• chickens11
    Options
    Its been very warm here in Suffolk , but I didput GCH on an hour at 6 this morning cos it was chilly , suns been out all day again but going to put heating on again tea time for a hour ......Havent lit woodburner yet as I know it will be too hot .....Thank god ive got gas as its so flexible and cheap for an hour here and there.....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • uk_american
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    This is going to sound very FWP, but having had such a lovely summer in a new and sun-filled home I am dreading turning the clocks back in 9 days time - to the extent I have been googling SAD lights. Has anyone had any experience of them? Any recommendations or confirmations that they are a waste of money?

I've been offline for a few days, but in case still relevant, I swear by mine. It wasn't cheap, it was around £100 but it had a no quibble, full return policy.

I use mine from late Nov - Mar. The instructions include information about how to use it based on your schedule. For me, it's 15 minutes at 3 PM.

I don't follow a holistic, new age approach to life but amazingly this little box does the trick. It does make a difference in my life. No idea if it's a placebo effect or it's really doing something but I can feel when I *need* to start using it in Nov and when I don't need it anymore come March.

Would I survive without it? Yes. Does it make my life easier? Yes!
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options

I've had a letter from my energy supplier reminding me that I had the Warm Home Discount last year, and that NOW is the time to re-apply for this year - so that's something for me to get sorted tomorrow morning :j! Will be a massive help with my bill for the winter months :D.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback