Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Comments

• We have contacted Resolver which we are now going to escalate and Action Fraud, which as yet we have had no reply from. We have kept contacting Morrisons, never getting anywhere they stop replying to you after a while. We told them we would like the CCTV tapes for Action Fraud when they contact them as we were told we are not allowed to see them, but we were told they only keep them for a month, so by the time anybody contacts them they will be deleted. They have no interest in getting any justice the points are gone, they don't care care who spent them.
  • I went as far as I could with resolver and still didn't get anywhere, morrisons were like a cracked record saying nothing to do with them it's my own fault 😕
  • olive1820
    olive1820 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes I know what you mean, it seems its no fault of Morrisons, they are completely blameless, its our fault, you get no where contacting them.
  • The same thing happened to be early June. I lost 165,000 points. Used in Nottingham although was in Dorset. Exactly the same thing blaming me. I asked them to prove it wasn't their IT Systems and they hadn't had a data breach. After all they have had staff leak data and other staff sacked for points theft. My systems are security wise tight as I work in IT security, they came back with their IT department trying to give me an explanation why it didn't happen on their system. It was all words and no proof they were not to blame. Any refused to give points, not their problem or fault. They are not part of any ombudsman and they said the head office decision was final. Complete cop out and nowhere to go. How can us small fry fight a big time organisation? Anyway I have stopped shopping their and buying my petrol as has my wife. This is already almost 2.5K we have given to another supermarket but if anyone does find a way to claim these back please post!
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dan25577 wrote: »
    The same thing happened to be early June. I lost 165,000 points. Used in Nottingham although was in Dorset. Exactly the same thing blaming me. I asked them to prove it wasn't their IT Systems and they hadn't had a data breach. After all they have had staff leak data and other staff sacked for points theft. My systems are security wise tight as I work in IT security, they came back with their IT department trying to give me an explanation why it didn't happen on their system. It was all words and no proof they were not to blame. Any refused to give points, not their problem or fault. They are not part of any ombudsman and they said the head office decision was final. Complete cop out and nowhere to go. How can us small fry fight a big time organisation? Anyway I have stopped shopping their and buying my petrol as has my wife. This is already almost 2.5K we have given to another supermarket but if anyone does find a way to claim these back please post!

i have had the same 150000 points and i have emailed direct even to directors office all with the same answer
    now going through resolver with same answer so far

like you say our family and friends who have boycotted them as well as others who may have see my social media stuff must be costing them thousands for the sake of £75
  • Looking at this Facebook page, Morrisons More Points Theft it seems this problem is happening to lots of people.
    For Democracy to work, the losers have to accept defeat.
  • This has happened to me too and the same western not to blame email response from Morrison’s.
    I live in Hampshire and my points were used in Merseyside.

Anybody had any luck getting the points back?
    Sealed Pot Challenge #601
  • Mibian wrote: »
    This has just happened to my wife and I, 90,000 points saved for Christmas nad BOOM all gone. We are not happy about this, we need to get this to go viral as I believe that Morrisons have a Duty of Care to look after our points and not just try to sweep thiese incidences under the carpet with their "it's your fault, you were hacked" attitude. They gave my points away to someone without any checks that it was me they were giving them to! We are not happy and will make life as difficult as we can for them.

Why haven't they instituted 2 step verification like Banks, Google, Microsoft??? Are they IT illiterate or just not caring about their customers? They will lose customer confidence and goodwill by carrying on like this.

Has anyone had any good news about these issues? How did you fight them? Is their a pressure group formed for this?

Lets get this out there in the public domain and make people aware of this issue and force Morrisons to address it.

Mibian.
    I live in Sheffield and mine were used in Croydon. I was in Morrisons either side of the day it happened and at work the day it did. I agree they should use security like Paypal and banks.
    Can’t see us getting anything back but it is very bizarre that someone could do this when everything else seems secure on my Mac. I hardly ever logged in and only checked my points to see if the 5000 extra points had gone on.
    I have lost £40 which I had saved specifically to help us out at Christmas.
  • The exact same thing has just happened to me. 260,000 points stolen!!
    In the process of trying to speak to someone about it.
    Points claimed online and then spent in a store the same day about 100 miles away from me (St Albans).
    Has anyone successfully got their points back?
    Are claimed points online sent to an email address?
  • This is what we were told by Morrisons
    The vouchers were used by being loaded onto your more card and the fraudster had downloaded the app and logged in with your details and used them by scanning the card on the app.
    They admit you have been a victim of fraud/crime but will not refund you and eventually as in our case they just ignore you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback