Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 12th Oct 19, 5:18 PM
    • 4,121Posts
    • 716Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Anyone having trouble with post office savings?
    • 12th Oct 19, 5:18 PM
    Anyone having trouble with post office savings? 12th Oct 19 at 5:18 PM
    Trying to edit a direct debit but having a bit of trouble:

We are experiencing some technical difficulties with our site.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and are working to fix the issue as soon as possible. If you’d like to speak with someone, you can call us on 0800 169 7500** for Savings.
    **Local call rates apply. Call costs may vary depending on your service provider.
    Get this error message whenever i click the edit button. Had this midweek and thought i'd give it a few days before trying again. Looks like i'll have to call them. Just wondered if i was alone with this issue or if others here were suffering it too.

Page 3
    • Poor Leno
    • By Poor Leno 2nd Nov 19, 11:20 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Poor Leno
    Also would appreciate if someone can answer this question - If I set up weekly then it wont be counted 4 DDs a month?
    Originally posted by Ghostcrawler
    Depends on the bank, some banks want the DD requirement to be from different providers/mandates, some (like co op) just want 4 DDs even if they're all from the same mandate. Check with your bank if they want different DD mandates or just x amount of DDs.

Trying to edit a direct debit but having a bit of trouble:

Get this error message whenever i click the edit button. Had this midweek and thought i'd give it a few days before trying again. Looks like i'll have to call them. Just wondered if i was alone with this issue or if others here were suffering it too.
    Originally posted by JustAnotherSaver
    I used to get that message every time I logged in to my account and try to either amend or delete a DD. In the end I lost the will to live, closed it and moved my custom to Birmingham Midshires. This being after I rang them for help only to be told they are aware of the issues I am experiencing and its because of an IT issue which will be resolved soon. I think as many as 9 out of 10 people on here who've had similar issues have either not managed to get it fixed or been fobbed off with the same response as me over the phone!

Take my advice and start the process of opening a Birmingham Midshire account. It will take almost a month to get the thing open, but its a lot more reliable. Further more, you can set up weekly DDs (from as little as 1) just like the PO does. As it stands, some people on here have as many as SIX midshire accounts. Which is quite handy to know if you needed a multiple number of DD mandates - or wanted to keep a chunk of them in one place to make things a bit more streamlined in terms of managing them. I have three accounts with them and it is quite nice being able to switch between all three in one place without having to log in to multiple accounts like I was doing before!
    Last edited by Poor Leno; 02-11-2019 at 11:34 PM.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 3rd Nov 19, 11:49 AM
    • 11,167 Posts
    • 10,439 Thanks
    colsten

Take my advice and start the process of opening a Birmingham Midshire account. It will take almost a month to get the thing open
    Originally posted by Poor Leno
    BM is certainly an option but people might find a Credit Union an alternative that is quicker to set up. Some potential issues with CUs, though:
    1. you may fall foul of their strict eligibility rules
    2. not all CU accounts are FSCS protected, so you need to check
    3. not all of them offer DDs
    4. they usually pay dividends rather than interest, and the dividens may be zero

If you live in the South East, you will almost certainly be eligible, or easily be able to make yourself eligible, for an account with the London Capital Credit Union. Their basic share account is FSCS protected and you can set up any number of DDs for it. I am sure there are other CUs who offer DDs.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 3rd Nov 19, 3:53 PM
    • 7,518 Posts
    • 7,028 Thanks
    badger09
    If I set up weekly then it wont be counted 4 DDs a month?............
    Yes, as I said, it will be counted as 4 DDs (or possibly 5DDs) a month.

I have weekly DDs coming out of 1 PO account which satifies Co-op's requirement for monthly reward.

IF Barclays doesn't need different DDs, PO will work. ......
    Originally posted by badger09
    You're causing confusion by asking about weekly and monthly DDs for same current account.

can I have 2 DDs (weekly and monthly) linked with same current account? This is for Barclays 2 DDs requirement, as I understand Barclays just need 2 active DDs going out every month for BR and not 2 active different DDs. Would appreciate your response.
    WHY do you need both?
    • Ghostcrawler
    • By Ghostcrawler 3rd Nov 19, 4:08 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ghostcrawler
    No I dont, you are right..just weekly DDs would do, thank you!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,209Posts Today

7,750Users online

Martin's Twitter