Natwest Loan trouble

2»

Comments

• Thanks everyone I will speak to Natwest.

Foxy, the 5k from the credit cards was mainly spent on bills / rent / petrol and life! No extravagance here. Infact, I can't even think of anything I could sell, except maybe the TV but it is 7 years old. Car is 11 years old and cost 3k (its auto) so I don't think a downgrade is poss, especially as I need it to get to work.

Yes, I did cancel all of the cards apart from one, which I use on the park and ride and pay off every month - it only has a limit of £300 so I don't think I'll get into any trouble there.
  • With regard to your partner who has become redundant. I earn between £100-£150/month (dependant on how diligent I am), doing online opinion polls and market research from home. Hopefully this will help you and your partner make the necessary adjustments to your monthly budget. :)
    Top 23 Online Survey Sites - Get paid cash for surveys & market research
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • There’s plenty of work available, it’d make sense for your partner to take on anything at all and for one or both of you to also take on a second job until you get yourselves sorted out.

The idea that you floated on your other thread, committing credit card fraud, isn’t a great plan.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    I appreciate that you are in a difficult situation and want to reassure you that you won't get into trouble and baliffs won't be coming knocking at your door.
    In one sense it is a shame that you cancelled the credit cards as you could have used them to help tide you over until your husband wa able to get a new job.
    If you are genuinely unable to make the payments on the loan you need to contact the bank and see what they say.
  • and try and keep a record of dates and times of conversations and who with, as you might need to keep a chronology if they aren't that helpful.
    I'm speaking from experience.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Foxy, the 5k from the credit cards was mainly spent on bills / rent / petrol and life! No extravagance here. Infact, I can't even think of anything I could sell, except maybe the TV but it is 7 years old. Car is 11 years old and cost 3k (its auto) so I don't think a downgrade is poss, especially as I need it to get to work.

Then your problems have been there for some time, luckily your are only in the red for £5K - rather than £35K as it would of gotten that bad if you hadn't addressed the issues.

Good lucks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport