Revolut Card

Options
I have used two applications for international transfer. I would like to share my experience on both. Be aware of @revolutApp thieves! They stole £180 from my bank account. If you need to transfer money abroad with good exchange rates, use @transferwise. They do not set traps. Simple, straightforward, transparent, intuitive user interface.

Help me put social pressure to corporate bullies. Please retweet this:
twitter.com/tozen/status/1065237815628349440

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would like to share my experience on both.
    Go on then! If you're looking for support in any form, feel free to explain a realistic amount of the story - simply alleging that they 'stole' your money without any further details is meaningless, especially when posters choosing emotive language like that (see also 'rip-off', 'fraud', etc) are often prone to embellishment and exaggeration....
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    dont_use_vistaprint Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2018 at 7:03PM
    Options
    I and hundreds of colleagues use Revoult Cards and App all the time in Africa and Asia , they are a sound company providing a high quality product.

The spot rates are live, competitive and fee free. ATM's are free within your monthly allowance, and a tiny fee afterwards or pay £6 amonth. Transfers and bill splitting are simple, never had an issue.

Your post looks like SPAM tbh
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    <rant>
    Your post looks like SPAM tbh
    Imagine creating a username specifically to have a cheap pop at a company, eh? ;)
  • RevolutVictim
    Options
    I used the application to send money abroad. The amount that appeared on mobile app was £14000. But when I looked in my bank transactions, I saw that they had withdrawn £14180.

Their UI says they may charge if your card is outside EU. But I have a UK card and we are still in the EU. They deliberate use "may" in the sentence. Which made me think, they may but they wont because it does not apply to me.

I spoke to Barclays, they said they charge Revolut £0.30 for this transaction. So the remaining £139.70 is profit for Revolut. I complained. I asked for my money to be returned. But they refused. Once money is in their side, they will not give back. You cannot make a mistake with these corporate bullies. They will not forgive you if you blink. Hence I tried transferwise. I had a pleasant experience. Not all operators in finance are vultures waiting for your moment of error.

I looked through the list of feedback left in their application. There are many people who complain about similar experiences with them. But apparently Revolut does not give up. You have to follow it up to the Ombudsman.
  • Where were you sending money to? Where was the receiving account located? What Currency did you use?
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    I used the application to send money abroad. The amount that appeared on mobile app was £14000. But when I looked in my bank transactions, I saw that they had withdrawn £14180.

Their UI says they may charge if your card is outside EU. But I have a UK card and we are still in the EU. They deliberate use "may" in the sentence. Which made me think, they may but they wont because it does not apply to me.

I spoke to Barclays, they said they charge Revolut £0.30 for this transaction. So the remaining £139.70 is profit for Revolut. I complained. I asked for my money to be returned. But they refused. Once money is in their side, they will not give back. You cannot make a mistake with these corporate bullies. They will not forgive you if you blink. Hence I tried transferwise. I had a pleasant experience. Not all operators in finance are vultures waiting for your moment of error.

I looked through the list of feedback left in their application. There are many people who complain about similar experiences with them. But apparently Revolut does not give up. You have to follow it up to the Ombudsman.

Its clear in the terms that any transfer above £5K incurs 0.5%, plus SWIFT charges if they are applicable. If you are transferring sums of money like this Revolut isn't the cheapest solution, WorldRemit app might be better suited
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • RevolutVictim
    Options
    I have not even sent the money yet. The money was taken to credit the money into Revolut account. Imagine what would add up to is I had sent the money over. My problem is this. If you buy anything on amazon, the total that shows on the confirmation screen is what is withdrawn from your account. But Revolut thieves take more money than you see in their confirmation screen. I saw £14000 in total the confirmation and in my bank account the total withdrawal was £14180. And apparently there is nothing you can do. If you had over your card details to thieves yourself, it is your responsibility when they help themselves.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What did Revolut tell you was the reason for the extra £180 when you asked them?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Revolut are a shoddy Russian outfit.

Had untold issues with account being locked-out for days. Support was hit-and-miss. They seem really eager to refer anything and everything to ombudsman.

I have a complaint lodged with Ombudsman now. Guess what? While we are awaiting the ombudsman decision, Revolut has sent me an email intended for another customer. His name and phone numbers are on the email. Then they sent me another email (this time addressed to me) and said 'Due to human error, some of another user's data was shared with you.'
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Go on then! If you're looking for support in any form, feel free to explain a realistic amount of the story - simply alleging that they 'stole' your money without any further details is meaningless, especially when posters choosing emotive language like that (see also 'rip-off', 'fraud', etc) are often prone to embellishment and exaggeration....

According to his Twitter, the OP is/was a Parliamentary Candidate. Can't expect a budding politician to provide you with any evidence. Just do as they tell you :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure