Advice please!

Good evening everyone!
So, due to various reasons I have found myself drowning in debt again :(
I have finally gotten myself out of the “debt spiral” and am no longer using credit cards. My various minimum payments however are just crippling me. I set out at the beginning of the month with the best intentions, I had set myself the “snowball” challenge and have cleared the smallest debts. But I can’t even meet all my minimum payments anymore and it’s the classic case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I have switched utility providers and set myself a budget, I am not overspending anywhere, I just simply don’t earn enough to cover the debt payments.
So what’s the best solution? I don’t really want to go down the DRO route if I can help it.... is there another way of just bringing down my minimum payments to a manageable amount? Or reducing the interest? I am not eligible for any balance transfers.
I get paid tomorrow, and one credit card minimum payment is £137 and another is due the same week for £90 :( and that’s just this week! The following week I have another for £157.... I can’t carry on like this, and at the moment I’m just thinking of giving up this juggling act and just defaulting on everything.
Does anyone have any advice please?
Thanks in advance, a very stressed mummy

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills