".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Merlin magic wand I think it is, they only do tickets once per family and often the legoland tickets are allocated very quickly, we applied a few years ago and got some sealife centre tickets but unfortunately couldn't use them.... even though we returned them we aren't able to apply for tickets again.

Missy H is hypermobile, she isn't an "offical" ceoliac but she is very gluten and dairy intolerant. The gastro people say it is seen alot in children with connective tissue problems! Superman was found to be hypermobile too when assessed by the OT and physio during dyspraxia review, Apparently again there is a big link between bendies and Asd..... it is on my list of things to research!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • mary_hinge
    Week 1 of the holidays complete :rotfl:we all survived.... infact we have had a fantastic week!

Today Superman and I braved Asda! :oit took forever..... Superman was very Helpful :rotfl:Then he helpfully made some banana bread for Missy H, marinade some meat ready for a BBQ tomorrow and peeled some spuds for tea :D He then laid on the sofa in his pants and declared mummy jobs hard work :A

Mr H is on a mission, I wish I could say his motivation was a good thing but it's OCD and anxiety fuelled, he isn't eating or sleeping properly and is restless. Today he has been rearranging the living room, we now have a huge pile of the books/puzzles/jigsaws for the charity shop, 2 black bags of junk for the bin and a much tidier cupboard! He has cut the grass, jet washed the patio, drive and decking oh and the bins! all in between washing all the (clean) clothes from everyones wardrobe and re-ironing them :cool:

I've done all my admin and filing that I've [STRIKE]ignored[/STRIKE] not done for months :rotfl:and entertained the little Hinges inbetween Mr H dragging me in to this cleaning frenzy :(

Budget has been done for August and our holiday planner is filling up with play dates and trips out. Bagged a groupon deal for a splash park that made it £25 for the family ticket instead of £55 :D it is still pricey but if we take a picnic it makes a good day out!

I picked up a camping bbq, giant skittles and some space hoppers really cheap at Mr A's for our camping trip in a few week :D Missy H is booked on the yearly autism siblings support group camp at £18 and a water sports trip with a local youth group a bargain at £5 so I pick up some pumps for her to go kayacking in for £3!

Converted some Eon reward points in to tesco points, due some more vouchers in august I'm hoping they come in time for me to exchange for days out for the summer, there is a lovely place we want to visit but it is eye wateringly expensive!

Mrs H..... who is wating for Mr H to finish sorting out his sock drawers so I can go to bed :o
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,554 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like a fantastic summer ahead.

We've lots planned too, starting with me singing tonight at the Barbican in York !!
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • All sounding brill apart from Mr H's anxiety. At least it's manifesting into something useful though.

Sometimes I wish I could lie on the couch in my pants and declare mummy jobs too difficult too :rotfl:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    What a spanking day!

The little Hinges are in the pool and the BBQ is all set to go! I have some of my favourite people coming for some good grub and a well needed knatter, They are the 2 people I could call on for anything and they will help me bury Mr H under the patio if my urges to shove a pillow over his head when he finally sleeps get to strong :rotfl:

I've set up my online banking for my santander account, it's been unused for 12months but I want to try something new with out weekly spends. Mr H is rubbish with cash.... he loses it! and he is too handy at borrowing my card to nip to the shop and coming back having spent a fortune. We have a budget of £200 a week for food, petrol, activities and the kids milkshake money/tuck money for school, I plan on sending that every monday from my main bank to my unused account so that once its empty it's empty and Mr H will have to make do. Hoping it will help me keep an eye on the bills account and should avoid the :eek: moments when I realise he has spent more then we have allocated! I'm waiting on a new e-reader to set up the payment online as mine is dead! spent 25minutes on hold to natwest rewards lastnight only to be cut off unanswered :mad: managed to lock my account and only way to get back in is to ring them..... seems they don't want to talk to me :o

Really need to get my saving pots going, recently we've frittered away our monthly car/emergency/clothes/xmas amounts so they are all empty and I'm getting uneasy about not having an emergency fund.
  • mary_hinge
    :j Time is flying this summer!!

We've ticked off some of the little Hinge's "paid" activities this week and padded them out with more picnics in the park!

We terrorised the forest and had a morning building dens, Superman found a spot with a man made campfire pit so we pretended to keep warm whilst we sat in our den and ate our picnic :D

Missy H had her choice of activity and we went to the pottery studio.... she had a fabulous time, the boys however were pains in the @r54 and played up. I think next time this will be declared a girlie day and they will be left at home! eye-wateringly pricey at £46 but that did include drinks, snacks and cake! The afternoon was a free trip to the stables for some horsey fun and fresh air:rotfl: well as fresh as a yard full of horse sh!7 can be :rotfl:

Tickets booked using CEA cards for the BFG next week, I popped by when shopping and saved the £3 online booking fees :money: still £24 but I have a cupboard full of snacks and drinks ready to take with us!

The boys have a SALT appointment tomorrow so will be a quiet morning chilling before we go and the weekend is full of birthday parties so free/low spend days.

The car has 1/2 tank of fuel so none needed this week :D sure makes a difference not doing the school runs :eek: filled the fridge today (tesco sent a booklet with some £4 of £40 spends:j) and the meal plan for the next week has been done, trying hard to get back on the SW wagon after a terrible week!:o

I may of started the uniform shopping :cool: have squirrelled away new pencil cases and pens, water bottles and lunch bags, polo shirts and socks :D coats,shoes, book bags, trousers and jumpers to go! have found a £5 reward m&s voucher which will help:T

Finally sorted out my reward account glitch and worked out that 3% cash back on my DD's is £69 a year after fees :eek: Love free money!
  • mary_hinge
    :o creeps in..... tiptoes around....Echo! Echo!:o

So we not only survived the school holidays :beer:but we had a smashing time! :j:j We made it camping for a few nights with friends, glorious sunshine, lots of water sports and paddling..... Super found a mud pit and gave everyone willing a swedish mud bath :rotfl:

The last few weeks has seen Master H turn 5 and start school :eek: he loves it! Declared school awesome and on his first day asked to go again tomorrow :T He had his party with his preschool friends just before they finished the summer for school, was abit sad to think he would be leaving them as only 2 will be going to his school the others are in another catchment area..... I needed of worried he settled in to school amazing and has made some lovely new friendships.....

Superman has embraced year 4 and thinks his new teacher is the best thing since cheesy mash ;) and the new topics are totally "frickin' awwwwwesome!"

Missy H is exhausted and her return to school has been nothing but a bodge job and poor planning but she is just getting on with it! She is back in long term physio and her fatigue is the worse we've had to deal with but her spirit is high and she continues to let nothing beat her.:A

I had a major meltdown when Missy H's DLA was not renewed :mad: but we asked for a reconsideration and heard back 3days later (before I could send in any extras!!) that they had awarded her a better rate then she had been on and for another 2 years! It makes me really mad how it is pot luck as to who processes your forms as to if you get help or not :(

These last few weeks have been a "fighting for Missy H" time, sorting dla, school, wheelchair services, Gp/consultant communication over meds etc.... fingers crossed for a smoother ride of it now.

I am loving my new "healthier" life style.... bootcamp, zumba and clubbersize and my new stress outlet and I love every minute of them! managed to only gain 2.5lbs in the 6 weeks holidays (couldn't juggle weigh in and children with ice cream and park visits :cool:) and that came off (plus another 1.5lbs) in the last 2 weeks :T:T

How is everyone?

Lucky, Stripes you lovely ladies enjoy the summer? How did back to school go?

Maddie are you still galivanting around in your van seeing the wonder sights?

Mrs H xx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Cannot type on this tablet so just for once will be brief lol. Pleased you had a good summer, weight loss and boys being happy about school, but boo to having to fight everything for Missy H and that she is having to battle so. We are still going off on lots of jaunts in N Wales ATM. Mr MM decided to get us a c'van more suited to the decrepit old girl that I have become, it is lovely!
    MM xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • :mad: to DLA initial refusal but :j to reconsideration result.

Holidays sound greatand yay to school return being frickin awesome :p.

We had a lovely summer, just gutted it's over.

Lucky, who got a puppy yesterday for her birthday today :D
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    :mad: to DLA initial refusal but :j to reconsideration result.

Holidays sound greatand yay to school return being frickin awesome :p.

We had a lovely summer, just gutted it's over.

Lucky, who got a puppy yesterday for her birthday today :D

Happy birthday Lucky!!:beer::beer:

and a puppy!! wow can't decide if your bonkers or lucky :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts