Full & Final Settlement on a CCJ

Hi everyone, recently i've been half decent with saving some cash in order to pay a CCJ or two off and hopefully get some sort of credit file that doesn't resemble a daft 18 year old anymore.

i've been doing some reading into full and final settlement's as the ammount i've got saved will either pay one at full balance and half of the other, i was thinking of trying to settle the both of them within this ammount of cash i have.

the only issue that comes to mind is i've read that when you settle a normal defaulted account say with a DCA, it appears as partially settled due to the balance not being fully paid but accepted anyway, with a CCJ the main reason is i just want it settled and to show as such on my credit file, will the same happen if i make a settlement offer for a debt with a CCJ ? i'd rather just try pay the whole thing if in the long run the CCJ will just appear only slightly better on my file with a partially settled stuck to it

hope this all makes sense thanks in advance
:jEmpire Stores - [STRIKE]2400[/STRIKE] - [STRIKE]1900[/STRIKE] - [STRIKE]1230[/STRIKE] - [STRIKE]780 [/STRIKE]
:mad: Natwest Fighting Back for 450 in charges
:mad: Three - [STRIKE]150[/STRIKE] x !!!!!! ALL GONE ! :D
" If your going through hell keep going "

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Debts with county court judgements against them have repayment arrangements set by the court.

It is extremely unlikely your creditor will accept less than what the court has demanded.

You can try this approach, but do not expect them to just roll over.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I have had some success with settlement deals on ccjs but they tend not to be very generous as the creditor has enforcement options.

So in your letter it's worth pointing out the futility of those options (not employed, no assets, no savings, no property) as well as setting out what you can pay (with money coming from a third party!)
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi kinglewis121

How long will it be before these CCJs drop off your credit report (i.e. 6 years from judgment date)? Something to factor in when you're deciding whether to try and settle now as opposed to scrimping and saving a little longer in order to clear them altogether.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure