Skipton LISA Bonus paid today

Options
For anyone that is eagerly awaiting the bonus, my £1000 has shown up in my Skipton account today :T

Comments

• snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mine as well, I am with Hargreaves Lansdown.

I'm wondering when this years is, considering I paid this years in this month? It's supposed to be 5 weeks max?
  • sully1311
    sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bonus also in my Skipton LISA too! Happy days!
  • cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Mine as well, I am with Hargreaves Lansdown.

I'm wondering when this years is, considering I paid this years in this month? It's supposed to be 5 weeks max?

Going by Skiptons guidelines:

Your bonus is calculated on any payments you make into your account from the 6th of the month to the 5th of the following month inclusive.

Your bonus will be paid into your account within 14 days of the 20th day of month two.
  • ciaomagre
    ciaomagre Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I just came on here to check whether anyone had got it, logged on, and saw that mine has been paid too, horah!!

I'm a bit confused though, I have two "HMRC bonus" transactions, one for £1,000 and one for £77.98. Where has this extra bit of bonus come from? I thought £1k was the absolutely possible maximum?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ciaomagre wrote: »
    I just came on here to check whether anyone had got it, logged on, and saw that mine has been paid too, horah!!

I'm a bit confused though, I have two "HMRC bonus" transactions, one for £1,000 and one for £77.98. Where has this extra bit of bonus come from? I thought £1k was the absolutely possible maximum?
    You said in a previous post that you'd transferred about £300 (presumably £311.92) from a HTB ISA into your LISA so that's what will have earned the extra - anyone who'd been paying into a HTB from day one before transferring over to LISA during 2017/18 will be receiving significantly more than £1K bonus, although from now onwards it won't be possible to earn more than £1K in bonus per tax year.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As cjv rightly points out, bonuses are earned in claim periods from 6th of one month to 5th of the next, after which the ISA manager has up to 14 days to claim and then the government has another 14 days to pay - these are scheme rules/guidelines rather than anything specific to individual providers, as per https://www.gov.uk/guidance/lifetime-isas-for-isa-managers#gov-bonus.

Therefore, anyone paying in on the 6th of a month could be waiting over 8 weeks to receive their bonus, so not sure where the incorrect perception of 5 weeks max came from?
  • ciaomagre
    ciaomagre Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    You said in a previous post that you'd transferred about £300 (presumably £311.92) from a HTB ISA into your LISA so that's what will have earned the extra - anyone who'd been paying into a HTB from day one before transferring over to LISA during 2017/18 will be receiving significantly more than £1K bonus, although from now onwards it won't be possible to earn more than £1K in bonus per tax year.

Ah, thank you! I didn't realise / forgot I would get bonus on that as well. That's awesome, thanks :)
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ciaomagre wrote: »
    Ah, thank you! I didn't realise / forgot I would get bonus on that as well. That's awesome, thanks :)

It's bad when internet strangers remember your financial position better than yourself!
  • Snaaap
    Snaaap Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Got mine yesterday apparently. £1900 as I transferred an additional £3600 from my HtB in the end. Woohoo :)
  • Lolly88
    Lolly88 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April 2018 at 6:35PM
    Options
    I got my bonus too but I'm confused - I have two HMRC payments, one for £1,180.74 and the other for £1000. At first I thought the latter was the payment for this years allowance but then it means I've not recieved a bonus on the full amount I've transferred from my H2B ISA?

EDIT: Called them and it's all this years bonus, so slightly more than I was expecting and still have this years bonus to come. :j:beer:
    Homeowner
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family