IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal for Napier Parking - 1st Correspondence

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So HAVE they complied with POFA? If not, then explain how they havent.

for 10 please ask them how they think POFA schedule 4 4.5 doesnt apply to their client, or to the small claims process where legal fees are not payab;le by consumers under rule CPR27.14(2)(g)
  • MW2725
    MW2725 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I am writing my response now. I noticed that the photos they attached of the vehicle are time stamped with a different date to the date BW Legal are claiming the charge was issued. So I've mentioned that the details are unclear and asked them to confirm.

I'm reading through POFA now. Thanks Nosferatu I will question that as well.

Cheers,
    Mark
  • MW2725
    Options
    So far i have this.

I have reviewed the photos attached with your letter. Your letter states the date of the alleged contravention as being the xx.xx.xx, but the photos attached are date stamped the xx.xx.xx. As it is not clear, can you confirm when the alleged contravention took place?

With reference to your reply regarding point 10, can you please explain on why you think POFA schedule 4 4.5 doesnt apply to your client, or to the small claims process where legal fees are not payable by consumers under rule CPR27.14(2)(g)?

In line with POFA your client has failed to state that they didn't know the name and the address for service, of the driver. I am not going to be able to respond properly to the alleged contravention if BW Legal are also unable to reply in line with the current Pre Action Protocol.

Struggling with the POFA points as I don't have the original letters anymore. Was quite a while ago and foolishly misplaced them.

Sorry guys but any ideas?

Cheers,
    Mark
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Cpr 27.14 - check it so you know what you're covering.

You don't have copies if the NtK but haven't asked for them?? Maybe you should do, it's fairly obvious really! !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • MW2725
    Options
    It is obvious now you say it haha! Thanks
  • MW2725
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So another update, been a little quiet for a while.

I sent BW Legal a letter last month to which I've just received a reply. They clarified the date of alleged contravention and enclosed copies of the original notice to keep. The copied document states the dated of issue as another different date so will pull them up on that. It also confirms there client relies on the POFA Schedule 4 act. The letter doesn't say much else beside apologising for issuing a template letter by accident in between our correspondence.

A couple of days later I have now received an proper letter before claim with the reply form attached.

I intend to complete the form and wondered if it was worth attaching the copies they've sent me questioning why the date of issue is different to the date they claimed the ticket was issued? I've been going back and forth with them for a little while and have already asked them a lot of questions, do I just repeat them on the reply form to slow them down (even if they've answered them already)?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I intend to complete the form
    We never complete the form.

We send a letter or email, not start filling in forms or we'd get newbies filling in their income/expenditure like complete numpty sheep, sorry but people here actually would.

You need to read LBC reply examples on other BW Legal threads, and as linked in the NEWBIES thread post #2.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MW2725
    Options
    Is making an offer without prejudice still advised in some instances? I've been writing back and forth with these guys for a couple of months and although their LBC doesn't contain some of the information that the PAP states it should, they have provided a lot of this information to me over the last few letters. I am still going to write asking that their letter complies with PAP but I feel I may just get a response stating they've already provided this information which will look worse on me.

Cheers,
    Mark
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Only if you want to pay. You'd mark it WP save as to costs of course, so it can be shown after the claim has been decided.
  • MW2725
    Options
    Ok, I will consider making a WP offer but I am only thinking about it to make my life easier. Having said that, from reading other threads on here they'd probably reject it.

Heres my draft response to their generic LBC

I am writing in reply to your Letter before Claim dated XXXXX.

I am fairly disappointed for a number of reasons. Firstly your letter states you are acting in line with the current Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims, however your letter fails to actually fulfil the requirements of this Protocol. Please issue a proper Letter before Claim that follows the current Pre-Action Protocol. Without a correct letter and all the information your client is obligated to provide I am unable to consider my position and issue a response.

Secondly we have already been corresponding in writing for a an amount of time. Your most recent letter was dated XXXXXX and X days letter you have issued this Letter before Claim without even offering time for me to respond to your last letter. In this letter dated XXXXXX you confirm that the photographic evidence you have sent me is dated the XX and not the XX however the copies you have sent me do not prove this as the date is cut off at the start. Not to mention some of the photos are not dated at all.

Thirdly in my first letter to you I acknowledged your correspondence and explained that I was uncertain if your letter dated XXXXXX was a Letter before Claim but that I would treat it as such. At no point did BW Legal confirm that the letter was not a Letter before Claim and instead decided to string me along with other threatening template letters. I would have expected a Solicitor such as yourselves to act with a little more integrity.

In my previous letter to you dated XXXXXX I asked for a copy of the original parking notice. You have sent me a copy of the a letter dated XXXXXX, which was sent by your client, but you haven't sent me a copy of the original notice which was issued on XXXXXX according to your correspondence. I am requesting a copy of this again now.

I would also like to query something with regards to your companies handling of my personal information. Solely out of interest I would like to know how BW Legal acquired my address to which they first issued correspondence (X), as I had only just moved to that address at the time and am no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle allegedly involved in this contravention.

Shall I simplify this down and just ask that they issue a letter compliant with PAP or is it reasonable to leave the requests in there?

Thanks,
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family