Tax Credit Award - Should you be making a joint cl

Comments

• Why is your tone soooo rude the woman is only asking a question?
  • And again?
  • I received this letter yesterday as well. My ex and myself broke up in early November and he moved out, we share a 2 year old daughter together and I'm currently 6 months pregnant with my 2nd child. I claimed tax credits from early December as my income Is low due to my hours and wasn't enough to keep us going even though he does pay some maintenance. He is yet to redirect all of his post as he's staying with a friend of his until he arranges his own place so my question is should I call them and clarify he's no longer here and my claim is correct even though he does has a small amount of mail still come here or shall I just leave it as it says if my original claim is still correct and no details have changed then no need to make contact.

I'm wondering if his mail coming here will flag up an issue and am I better nipping it in the bud or just leaving it and if they were to investigate I could provide all my evidence then?
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Anj4007 wrote: »
    I received this letter yesterday as well. My ex and myself broke up in early November and he moved out, we share a 2 year old daughter together and I'm currently 6 months pregnant with my 2nd child. I claimed tax credits from early December as my income Is low due to my hours and wasn't enough to keep us going even though he does pay some maintenance. He is yet to redirect all of his post as he's staying with a friend of his until he arranges his own place so my question is should I call them and clarify he's no longer here and my claim is correct even though he does has a small amount of mail still come here or shall I just leave it as it says if my original claim is still correct and no details have changed then no need to make contact.

I'm wondering if his mail coming here will flag up an issue and am I better nipping it in the bud or just leaving it and if they were to investigate I could provide all my evidence then?

If his post is still coming to you then he is still registered at your address for whatever that post is for. Being at a friends is no reason not to change addresses or redirect as those things can be done multiple times.

He needs to change his address with those places sending him post, not just set up a redirect.
  • I have started sending these letter back to the companies and stating return to sender addressee no longer at address as he isn't listening when I'm asking him to change his mailing address and also the companies won't speak to me for the change of address due to data protection. I'm thinking I. We'd to start taking photos of the returned mail incase there is eventually some kind of flag raised at least it's something to support me sending the mail away
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What sort of mail is coming to your house?

Bank statements? Or just junk mail?
  • Bank statements etc. He said he's not changing the address on it all until he moves into his new place as doesn't want it all going to his friends... so I'm kind of stuck there!
  • I also received this letter today. I’m not going to contact them as nothing has changed to my circumstances
  • glad it wasn't just me then!!!!
  • Just to be clear. I have DONE NOTHING WRONG.

I claim the minimum amount of Tax Credits to assist with childcare.

I am just concerned as I cannot afford to lose this income.

I was just posting to see if this was a mass lettering campaign or the start of an investigation.

Cannot get through to tax credits as the lines are constantly busy

Does another person regularly stay at your home overnight?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure