Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    But waitrose is a lot Cheaper for the tomato one. If you know what your doing. apart from Locarr and bubbs no one bothers to listen. So not best vs just get to in w
    Had too many to post amount. It less than 40p

We have many tomato soup tins in the cupboard thanks to you Zippy. :A
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Yes, as others have said, you mixed up different priced items. If getting different items in one shop, you need to make sure that they are the same price in A. Oddly, the Alberto Balsam damage repair shampoo works but not the conditioner, in a T shop. It's been commented on over last few days about the Nivea Q10, comparing or not comparing, but it is just v W now unfortunately, though still a good deal after cashback. :T
    t

Thank you. I don’t often mess up a shop but did so this time rather spectacularly! I hope it helps others anyway. Will do better next time!
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    Hand cream comparing against waitrose £18-£13.98.

Thank you.

Where are my manners?! Good morning everyone.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    It is a mix and match 3 for 2 so they don't go in the threes of the same but instead they arrange it in threes to give you the minimum back.

Greedy some would say but the answer is of course separate transactions and I have a suspicion the whole glitch thing may be because the mix and match 3 for 2 makes doing a correct price comparison on the APG too difficult.....

If that is why these glitches work, I am not complaining at all!! Thank you.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

4b0c785caa3c7d11ccd57bf2a40f1c78.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Picasso7
    Options
    Just planning my waities expedition tomorrow I need to plan within an inch of my life as I have mum every Saturday (as due to her Alzheimers she cannot be on her own... we are aiming at keeping her out of residential for as long as possible (sadly I don't think it will be long).

I have:-

Mince beef
    Cubed beef
    Fairy
    Toilet roll

Is there any other suggestions please?

Thanks

SSM, one of the most useful things someone told me was to beware looking at places like this through my eyes rather than through my mother’s eyes. My mum has been in residential care now for a few weeks and each time I see her she keeps talking about how happy she is and how she never thought she could be this happy. It is truly wonderful to see her. She does not have Alzheimers, but she does have some memory loss and gets confused. Staff are wonderful and she has already made some friends. She has stopped saying how her deafness stops her from joining in things. Yesterday I asked if she had had a nice day and she said that every day was nice here. I hoped that this would be an improvement for her but I didn’t expect it to be this good.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning paw sniffers:D

I’m up early. Busy day ahead.

I didn’t get to tell you about my mishap yesterday.

As usual I was rushing around to an appointment early yesterday morning. I usually park in A’s car park close to where I had a meeting. There had been a bit of a ground frost yesterday, but I was surprised to see that A had salted/ gritted the entire car park with what looked like tiny little plastic balls.
    I was wearing a pair of kitten heel boots freshly out of my winter wardrobe. If I’d thought about it , I would have remembered that I nearly broke my neck in them last year on a slippy floor.:eek:

I think you can see where I’m going with this:o

Within yards of leaving the car, I did a bambi on ice impersonation and fell spectacularly on these blooming slippy things.....just as a car was turning the corner into the car park. It was impossible to save myself and I fell, just glancing my head against the front wheel of the oncoming car.:eek:

I was totally unhurt and felt more embarrassed than anything else:o

Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day contemplating what might have been and how in a split second your life can change or even end:eek:

I realised my family would have misrepresented my demise......well.....she died doing what she loved.....wombling:rotfl:

I thought about “poetic justice” and “divine retribution”......meeting my maker in an Asda car park:rotfl:

I would like to think that my tombstne would read “ she lived by the sword and died by the sword” but more likely would be.....

“Here lies TM, squashed in an Asda carpark”

:rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you are ok TM :eek::eek:

Question. Probably a stupid one but here goes
    When taking games to sell to CEX, is it better to remove the cellophane wrapping. As I guess most people taking games to sell there are taking 2nd hand ones, so taking a new one will look weird. I bought one in Sainz with the double up and plan to take it to the local CEX place today.
    tia :)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just been back on M&S, hoping my single use 20% might still be working....but it’s not:o
    Did however spot a Birthday 10% off food which should work with the 20% off bacon, chicken and chutney that I also have on my Sparks card:)

Has anyone else got the extra birthday 20% to use this weekend?

Also just had an email from Matalan headed “ Walk don’t Run”:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business