Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good loss hollowhead :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Some good losses in the past few pages - you guys have been busy on here over the weekend! So much to catch up on.

Had a weekend entirely on plan which is good. However ( and I know I shouldn't weigh myself but I can't help it!) my scales over the weekend have been creeping up so I currently look like I'm in store for a gain but no idea why! Hopefully by WI on Weds it will have gone back down.

Today's food so far:
    B: 1/2 a honeydew melon and ham
    L: Tuna pasta salad (chilled sw one from Iceland) with salad, pear and muller light
    D: Chicken saag with random veg I had left over after making soup the other day (potato, sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, onion, kale)

No syns or HE yet. Waiting for my 9pm treats!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Right, i'm going to Nando's next week, but don't know what to have
    I wouldn't eat the corn on the cob or spicy rice
    Is the Lemon & Herb butterfly chicken 3 syns also? It only lists the plain
    What is worse is i'm going with my best friend, a superfit Personal Trainer who can eat the whole restaurant & stay looking fab! He has offered to eat anything I can't have (eg just have half the chips, i'll have the rest lol)

Is your userpic your dog ?

Is it a staffie please ?

Sorry for being nosey :D
  • head still not quite back in the game but doing much better.

yesterday I cooked jackets in the slow cooker...I am never microwave baking a potato again. today I have tested reheating the slow cooker jackets from frozen...still perfect!

today:
    breakfast: heb chocolate wheat bisks with 175ml semi skimmed (heb part hea)
    lunch: jacket with left over gammon, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper. light and free yogurt, apple
    tea: another jacket with the above plus baked beans, pickled onions and beetroot
    syns: 2 syn hot choc after the school run. 1/4 of an Costco 'spice' muffin (ginger basically) can not work out syns for the life of me with no nutritional info. a whole one is about 200/210g and the app says chocolate ones, 125 are about 25 syns on average so I'm calling it 10 and hoping for the best!
    exercise: walked the school run both ways as no gym= 90mins walking

tomorrow:
    breakfast: as above but with warmed milk. and an orange
    lunch: a jacket with either...leftover sw chile con carne which a co-worker made last week (unless shes nabbed the left overs of my portion today!) or maybe tuna and salad
    tea: going to the gym after work as I didn't go last week or today due to appointments. so I will likely have savoury mince from the freezer with a free frozen steambag of rice and veggies
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kathrynha, I’m sorry you had to be in hospital this weekend; your resilience never ceases to amaze me.

Great losses, DV, dawyldthing (wow!), hollowhead and Chrisv.

I’m not a great fan of Yorkshire puddings; like chocolate cake it’s something I’d like to like. It’s probably just as well that I don’t!

Aw, poor beanie; tuck up cosy. You’re not missing anything - it was 3C today until the rain came on, when it shot up to 5C about 5 o’clock!

Well, despite my SW break, I have just +0.2lbs to report! No doubt it’ll all catch up next week then. I’m easing myself back on track (I say that because I may have overdone things today – just a little!).

Roll on tomorrow.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    greentiger wrote: »
    Enjoy Poland, maman. My son and his wife were in Gdansk for a wedding in July and they loved it.

Oh, bubbs, what a lovely time to win those vouchers. Enjoy them.

Your text message mad me laugh, Sunshine.

Enjoy the jeans, Mrs_R!

Hi, UKTigerlily and ariarnia, nice to meet you.

Hope that bug has gone away, beanie.

Well, I have had a good few days off plan. (Thanks kathrynha, I’ve enjoyed it) I hope it’s enough to get my mojo back. WI tomorrow so expecting a big gain. It’ll be worth it if it gets me back on the straight and narrow.
    Thankyou;D
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Think I'm all caught up on the spreadsheet is all up to date. Well done to the losers, and hugs to the gainers.

Hope you are feeling a bit better Beanielou, and Bubbs, wow I'm so impressed with what you are producing without an oven.

I didn't manage to stay out of hospital this weekend, so more not on plan, and with WI tomorrow, no chance of pulling it back. Would just be happy to maintain.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - salad
    Dinner - chicken (not sure what yet)

HA - milk and cheese
    HB ?
    Syns - salad dressing (1), plus more
    Thanks Kathryn and thanks for the sheet, sorry you have been to you're 2nd home again:(
    The cooking was hard work like that but as of today i have a cooker back:j:j
    esmy wrote: »
    I've had my Mum, my Mum in law, sister in law, assorted friends stood over me while I make them, I've tried all the tips and tricks, the weirdest of which was adding mayo to the mix (!), I've tried all the recipes from various chefs and cookery books, I've had about 5 different ovens as an adult - and they still don't work! Everyone claims to be mystified as to why they end up flat and soggy. I make a mean pancake though....
    I use asda smart price batter now, add pinch salt 2 egss best yorkies ever:j:j the tray has to be really smokin hot
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Deja_Vu wrote: »
    I get my daughter to make them now, she's 4 too. For me, no matter what the meat is, it's not a Sunday Dinner unless you have yorkshire puds.

Esmy my top tips are equal volumes of egg, plain flour and milk, let your batter rest, turn your oven up and get your oil/fat smoking before you add the batter and once in the oven don't open the door. I've not heard of adding mayo but I do sometimes a a couple of tsp of horseradish.

WI this week was -2.5lbs so happy with that.

Today its
    B: Overnight oats & berries (Heb)
    L: HM veg soup & slice of toast (6)
    D: Chicken stir fry
    Hea milk
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) WI this morning -2lbs. I'm a bit surprised at that as I had a bad weekend, overindulged on Friday night :o and too many carbs on Saturday. I'll have to really stick to plan this week so it doesn't catch up with me next week.

I've now got exactly 1 stone to go for my target - I'm expecting it to get a bit harder now? I know that I should put a little exercise into the mix, but some mornings the joints just don't want to cooperate :(
    Cannot beat a good Yorkshire pudding. There's a good recepie on BBC food guide I often made with an old service user.

Quite surprised this week, that surprised that I went down to tesco to weigh again as I thought boots scales were wrong (esp as mum had lost 3lbs too - probably frog marching her out the door without having a gallon of coffee this morning lol) but I've

-4lbs

To say I'm surprised is an understatement as I've eaten quite a bit as we went horse racing Wednesday, darts Wednesday, out for a wetherspoons curry Thursday plus a few other bits so quite astounded to be honest. Plus started making my own popcorn after my service user talked me through the recepie.

Hope everyone's feeling a bit better. Well done to the losers, keep going all. Loses as a groups doing great. Sorry you've been back in hospital too Katheryna, look after yourself and don't be too tough on yourself

Welcome newbies too :)

:T:T:T:Tbilliant loses well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    I've have had a really "picky" weekend. Definately hormonal :( Hoping I haven't eaten too much to pull it back on thursday.

Today
    B- overnight oats HeB
    L-pasta sauce (2 syns) grapes
    D- steak and savory rice with corn on the cob, hm coleslaw (2syns)
    He A is milk for cuppas

I have bananas and satsumas to nibble on.

I really want a loss this week after the maintain last week. I seem to have a big loss, a maintain, a small loss repeat.... I still have 5st to lose and it's getting tiresome!!

Hugs to all that need them!

Mrs H x
    I have been like that recently and had unexpexted 1lb on, but i seem to lose it the next week
    beanielou wrote: »
    Greay loss Chrisv :j :j

Still feeling dire so its away back to bed I go!
    Sorry you are still not well xx
    hollowhead wrote: »
    Well done to all that lost this week:T
    I'm happy to report a 2lb loss this week:)
    well done:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    esmy wrote: »

Ended on 14 syns yesterday as cannot resist Yorkshire pudding - I can't make it to save my life which is a terrible admission for a Yorkshire born and bred girl - so Aldi's frozen ones save the day. During my many experiments at making them, my kids would give them a poke and ask suspiciously 'Have you made these?' I tried lying but never convinced them!

Surely something went wrong with your genetic history...... you cannot be born and bread in Yorkshire without learning to make Yorkshire puddings.... I am sure I was 3 when I could make them without weighing any ingredients!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I was taught to make them at 4 years old, same as my daughter has been. It's part of our heritage, and I still do them to the same recipe as I was taught. It has been passed down for generations.

Well done girl x
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) WI this morning -2lbs. I'm a bit surprised at that as I had a bad weekend, overindulged on Friday night :o and too many carbs on Saturday. I'll have to really stick to plan this week so it doesn't catch up with me next week.

I've now got exactly 1 stone to go for my target - I'm expecting it to get a bit harder now? I know that I should put a little exercise into the mix, but some mornings the joints just don't want to cooperate :(

You have done so well :T:T:T:T

I find that when I have exercised (aka walked fast) for a few days, my joints ache less x

bubbs wrote: »
    I use asda smart price batter now, add pinch salt 2 egss best yorkies ever:j:j the tray has to be really smokin hot

It is amazing how many of us have switched to asda smart price!!

:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport