PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    So agree! I really should have done this! I stupidly told people before we'd even decluttered the house to sell it so we've had this for ages! :rotfl:

Yep, me too - and we've been decluttering and decorating since 2014 so I'm thoroughly sick of everything about the process now! :eek:
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Well it's a good thing I did call my sols this morning - my forms had been put on a desk for someone who has left! Been there since Tuesday so that's a wasted week. They also said they haven't had anything from the estate agents - the memorandom was sent on 13th Sept! They said they'd call them, but I waited an hour then did it myself as I wanted to arrange another viewing to take measurements for curtains etc anyway. I suspect the estate agents will contact them faster to get this moving along.

I will defo be checking in weekly to see where we are at from now on.
  • Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options
    Natbag wrote: »
    Oooh lots of updates over the weekend!
    Nice to see everyone is progressing, some more slowly but surely, but it's all good.
    I didn't get my Friday close of play update from my EA so I'll be ringing them shortly. Still hoping that now everything is tied up we can move to exchange this week and completion next week, we are pushing hard for a half term move but really it's down to our buyers (our vendors' property is empty). Fingers crossed!

We've got the opposite issue Natbag - our buyers want to complete in a week's time, but we can't move into our new home for 3 weeks - it's so frustrating!

We tried to see if we can move into our new home earlier but it's not going to happen. I've told our solicitor that our completion date will have to be 3 weeks today. Waiting for an update now. He thinks we might exchange this week, so fingers crossed. If our buyer wanted to complete in a week's time, it must mean everything's pretty much sorted.
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    westv wrote: »
    Told last week we should be able to exchange either today or tomorrow. I'm not expecting either but that hasn't stopped my staring at my phone!
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    That was me completely last week. I'm not generally the type of person that's constantly looking at their phone but last week I felt like it was permanently attached to my hand!

Nothing heard so far and I'm doubting now that it might be today. The cynic in me thinks it might not be tomorrow either. :(
  • RackAttack2.0
    Options
    Paid my deposit money on Friday and funds now requested from the lender. Will exchange when the mortgage is drawn down with completion due on 25th!

The house is now empty and went for a nosy round yesterday, thankfully nothing nasty hiding behind the massive wardrobes they had. Phew! Kitchen is a little more shabby than I remember but might look better with a deep clean.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!:j
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If our buyer wanted to complete in a week's time, it must mean everything's pretty much sorted.

Fingers crossed for you
    Great updates from everyone else, I hope things continue smoothly
    I won't be moving next monday, the whole chain is sat waiting for the bottom of the chains lenders in house solicitors to satisfy themselves to give a date for funds release even that buyer & their own solicitor are good to go.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Regina.filangie
    Options
    Hi, hope it's ok to post here. Haven't got my mortgage offer yet - hopefully tomorrow - but in the mean time I have instructed my solicitor to speed things along (risky, I know). I was told a week last Friday that my solicitor was still waiting for draft contracts from the vendors solicitor, I paid for them so they could be ordered as soon as this was received. I mentioned this to the EA last Monday and he said he would chase it. Just had word from my solicitor today that the draft contracts have still not been received - is it normal for it to take this long?

I explained from the outset that I need a quick purchase as my buyers are ready to exchange and have been for some time. I was told this is no problem and there is no upper chain.

Starting to get impatient.

Any words of wisdom to calm me down?thanks
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh yes, even if you pester daily it's a long and drawn out process. :(
    Well my EA said they'd come back to me with an update Friday afternoon. Nothing. I rang today and they said they'd chase the solicitors on both sides and come back to me with an update. Still nothing. Meant to be exchanging this week and completing next week. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No chance.:wall:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    7 flipping months we've been waiting to exchange (chain broke and world's most indecisive vendors took eons to find somewhere to buy). We MAY exchange this week, but the lack of ANY degree of urgency in the chain is incredible.

I'm not sure which will happen first, exchange or head exploding!

Sorry for the vent, it's been building up for some time....:rotfl:
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear Catshark! Well this is the perfect place to vent :D

I'm relatively calm at the moment, we kept getting our hopes up that things were imminent whenever a date was mentioned but we've since come to realise that these dates haven't even been discussed up the chain, in fact we don't even know how far UP the chain goes :eek:
    We can't get a straight answer out of anyone, despite asking both EA and solicitor to find out and let me know. I'm aware of our vendor and their vendor, there may be more. Like everyone else here now, we just want to be in before Christmas!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback