Latest free stuff - bank details

Hi, I am new to the MSE Forum and wonder if anyone has any advice regarding requests for bank details. Probably like others I recently received an offer from latest free stuff.com to purchase Edam cheese and upload a receipt to claim funds back after also completing a short questionnaire. However, the page then asks for you to input your bank account details in order to receive reimbursement. I stopped short of giving bank details out as I wondered if this was safe. I contacted latestfreestuff.com and they advised I perhaps contact the Edam UK web site for advice bit I have yet to receive a reply. Is it normal for web sites offering promotions to ask for your bank account details - usually they ask me to print off vouchers but giving out bank details concerns me. Many thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mac5 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to the MSE Forum and wonder if anyone has any advice regarding requests for bank details. Probably like others I recently received an offer from latest free stuff.com to purchase Edam cheese and upload a receipt to claim funds back after also completing a short questionnaire. However, the page then asks for you to input your bank account details in order to receive reimbursement. I stopped short of giving bank details out as I wondered if this was safe. I contacted latestfreestuff.com and they advised I perhaps contact the Edam UK web site for advice bit I have yet to receive a reply. Is it normal for web sites offering promotions to ask for your bank account details - usually they ask me to print off vouchers but giving out bank details concerns me. Many thanks

If your not comfortable with it the dont do it.

Not used the site you mention but surely they should be confirming to you that its safe to use the site or enter bank details. Not sure what its to do with Edam UK.

Oh and you posted the same thread twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure