Do One, Debt!

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh no it's insomnia again! Luckily I'm feeling a lot better so poor sleep pattern is the least of my worries.
    Treated myself to a t@sco delivery for tomorrow, didn't exactly need £40 of shopping but there were a lot of heavy goods, plus I'm ill so decided to just go for it.
    Had a good look round my old hangouts at inb@x £s and swaggy, they've been neglected so I upped my points on both.
    Chased up the chemist who checked and does owe me 4 more boxes of tablets! I can collect them anytime he said. I certainly got my money back at the post office yesterday after I was overcharged, so that's me and my purchases up to date. Cancelled my union fees, have to cut back whilst not working.
    Had a look at a few jobs, there's one walking distance from here that looks good.
    Got a few more bits up on bay, one has sold already. Just got a few clothes to put on there next, I did wash and iron them, now I need to photograph them and take all the measurements.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2016 at 10:41PM
    Slowly recovering from the bug, so all very quiet.
    After driving myself crazy over how to spend this money which has not yet hit my account anyway, I think I will just pay three most urgent bills and leave the rest in a "no real interest paid" saver. I can then "decant" it at £300 a month in to my regular saver, and access it easily if I take ages to find a job. When the regular saver pays out in Nov it will be able to fully clear some debts which can be decided at the time!
    Meanwhile I've stopped smoking again :T so I guess the thing now is to try and NOT spend money all the time.
    Since KonMari-ing the house this seems easier. I've also taken up "reverse shopping" where you go out to the shops but get rid of stuff. So today I was going to do quite a bit but actually I don't think I'm well enough, so I will scale it back. This week's "reverse shopping" list
    - few extra tins to donate at food bank basket
    - cheques to pay into bank
    - two unwanted gifts attempt to return/exchange
    - books back to library
    - use free tea and cake voucher in JL by weds
    - bag of bras to donate at Mr MandSparks
    - cash my gold, three old rings I don't like or wear or have any sentimental value
    It's good to go out with stuff and come back with less and or with more money :rotfl:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Well done on the giving up smoking :T:j Could you put the money you would have spent aside for savings or something? My mortgage has gone down this month so I'm actively putting the £70 into an account for overpayments before it gets spent on fripperies :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thing is Ena, I'm pretty much operating on a zero budget so any money not spent on fags means less debt, rather than more savings IYSWIM?
    I think for the forseeable future I need to be thinking of how NOT to spend. I've topped up my oyster and bought enough food to sink a ship so maybe I can do a few NSD's in a row this week? All I really have on is getting better, looking for a job, reverse shopping and kondoing the flat. I have plenty of jobs to do in here, from sewing buttons to painting the kitchen. I have a tenner in my purse so let's see how I get on in the next 7 days...
    Finally got the remaining clothes listed on the bay. Also got an £8 payout from TCB!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 April 2016 at 2:52PM
    As at April 16....

Rent 467.36
    Mortgage 286.72
    Insurance 13.25
    Electric 50.00
    Council tax 66.00
    Water 25.05
    Talktalk 18.00
    Giffgaff 7.50
    Household bills 933.88
    Hfax cc 25.00
    MBNA 1 25.00
    MBNA 2 25.00
    P Off 65.00
    Reg saver 25.00
    Minimum cc payments 165.00
    Travel 124.50
    C Lenses 13
    Food 80.00
    Hair 70.00
    Other stuff 50.00
    Living expenses 337.50

Total cost of basic living 1436.38
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MBNA 2 1173 ends 7 Nov 16
    MBNA 1 2100 ends 4 March 17
    Hfax ends Oct 17
    P Off
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Don't know why I set these challenges and then immediately change them!? Decided to empty the penny jar (thanks Ena :)) £5 in pounds/50p, and a heap of small coins.
    The purse now has £5 in various coins, the tin now has £15 plus a few small coins. So how long will I be able to make this cash last?
    Returned books to library and paid £1.60 fine. Collected missing tablets from chemist. Bought marg and fruit from supermarket £1.85. Paid for at self serve till in 5,2 and 1p coins from my change jar!
    Total spend today £3.45
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 5 April 2016 at 4:41PM
    Quite an interesting day...made my sandwich, drink and peeled a tangerine and set off for a day on the bus....went to Mr Marks and dropped off a bag of pre-owned bras at the collection point. Some were ionly worn a handful of times, so it's nice they will get a new owner who needs them.
    Went to "cash my gold" and got £45 for 3 rings which were passed to me as a child (which don't fit, and are deeply unfashionable). Also spied a real ingot in the shop, the guy let me see it. It was silver but not pure, so a bit golden looking. I tried to lift it - couldn't! It weighed 8 kilos, so no chance of me running off with it.
    Headed to p@perchase and exchanged £11 worth of unwanted gifts for 4 birthday cards and a bookmark. Went to JL to use my free tea and cake voucher, the victoria sponge with rose petals was very nice thank you! Then called into the pound shop for teabags tissues and brillo pads - spent £3 (all on the shopping list), the bank to pay in all my cash (it had a coin counter so I paid those in too!) and the post office to send 1 bay sale (6.50) - spent 2.80.

Today in cash...
    spent £5.80
    earned £50.50
    Goods to the value of £16.95 acquired!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ok I admit it, I'm a total fidget! I was so relieved when I needed cash in the last few months, that I had 0% deals etc and I could pay my bills...but the number of different cc's and the varied minimum repayments are really annoying. So I have applied for and been accepted to the vrgin cc. I'm xfering the P Off and she smaller MBNA balance to it. The P Off minimum payment is £65 per month :eek:.
    It will cost £18 to move these debts, but I think it's worth it just to have everything a bit neater and a lower monthly minimum right now, whilst I'm not working.
    Walked to the job centre today to sign on - wasn't feeling too good and forgot my water so spent 40p on a bottle as was really faint!
    A few interesting job leads on the go, need to get my interview practice going tomorrow just in case :T
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Did you get the lid of your penny jar ok? :rotfl:

Sounds like a productive couple of days gonna :T

Good luck with the job hunt too. Fingers and toes crossed for you :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family