It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    G' morning all.

My bank has caught up with my spends from the weekend and it was higher than I'd like. It was a painful job to update my YNAB but at least I know where I am at with things.

Soooo....lets hope I win the lottery soon.

Yesterday I smashed out all my housework so I feel much better about that too but it's time to ride out the last 2 weeks of the month before payday and keep spending to a minimum.

NSD today I hope!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you win the lottery please send me a chunk...
  • SpekySquarehead
    CCL - You know what, I probably would!

I'm worried about my finances again. I'm surviving ok, but I just can't save which is killing me. I hate it. I hate being back to square one by the end of the month. YNAB helps. I'm saving for Xmas for example but it's not a lot.

I've got some big expenses coming up. I've a bill for my old car to sort (circa £200) and I'll have an even bigger bill in a couple of years for my current car too (circa £2k-£3k). Add to that the usual surprises (car repairs etc). Hence my want/need to earn more cash. I'll get there.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Gooooood morning :beer:

A nice weekend was had. It included a hair cut, visiting friends and family, the gym and a long lie. Not bad at all.

My mum is fortunate to have a front and back garden and as her house is on a corner, her front garden is quite large. She has arthritis in her fingers and she loves pottering about in the garden, but the fiddly jobs (weeding) are a bit difficult for her. So she has a neighbour who's a gardener by profession come round and do it and he gets £10 per hour. But, his knee has went, so I'm stepping up to the plate. With a holiday soon £10 an hour is welcomed.

Whilst my weekend was busy, it was relatively cheap and all budgeted for. I get paid on the final day of this month so I need to hunker down until then. My only potential banana peel is on Saturday in which I'm out for dinner and then seeing some friends for the football. Again though - it's budgeted for.

Until then, I've nothing untoward planned. I'll keep my head down and get on with it all :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Hi all,

A quick update to let you all know that I received an email yesterday to invite me to an interview for a company in Southampton. It!!!8217;s a skype interview at 3pm tomorrow, I!!!8217;ve told my boss and he!!!8217;s fully supportive. So tonight I!!!8217;ll be busy doing my research. It!!!8217;s early days but it!!!8217;s a job that I!!!8217;m qualified to do albeit it!!!8217;s a step up the ladder. I!!!8217;ll be sure to update you all in due course !!!61514;
  • SpekySquarehead
    The interview went well yesterday.

It lasted about 40 minutes and there were no curveball questions. I expect to hear back next week.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    That's great news Speky. Fingers crossed for positive news next week. :D
  • SpekySquarehead
    The weekend has come and gone and it was lovely. Saw some old football friends and family, and enjoyed some fine food and drinks too. Can't complain at all.

Still no news on the job front. Keeping my fingers crossed as I've got a few applications in.

I've got a quiet week ahead of me, which as I've pointed out before, worries me that there will be unexpected spends. I'll endeavour to keep myself busy and away from temptations. It's been a 5 week month so I couldn't spend if I wanted to!

Right, so. Better get on with work. Have a good week all.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Speky

Hope you hear from the interview soon. Would it mean a move to Southamptom? Don't know that area at all.

I'm doing ok with my spending & saving at the moment! It probably won't last lol
  • SpekySquarehead
    louby40 wrote: »
    Hi Speky

Hope you hear from the interview soon. Would it mean a move to Southamptom? Don't know that area at all.

I'm doing ok with my spending & saving at the moment! It probably won't last lol

Hi Louby :)

Yes, it probably would. The job though is split over 2 offices, 1 in London and 1 in Southampton. So I recon I would need a place half way between, which is fine.

I've always wanted to relocate. Not that I dislike Glasgow/Scotland, but I've had a couple of friends and family members who have disappeared to NZ, London and Canada and they've not looked back. It's a big world out there and I'd love to experience as much as possible.

Also, from a financial perspective, I work within a very niche industry and I doubt I'd get any sort of huge pay increase at any other company in Scotland, so to earn more, I'd need to look elsewhere.

'Worst' case scenario is that I stay in Scotland all my life, and that's really not to bad. After all, that's where all my friends and family are.

We'll see.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure